Probably a long shot but does anyone have any good resources on vocabulary for manufacturing in general? I work for a japanese company that primarily works with manufacturers and I would like to start studying more industry specific items if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
On a quick google found these two, not sure if that’s useful Japanese engineering, mechanical dictionary | Lexicool and Japanese-English Technical Terms - The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
I had a list for engineering terms at some point, might have been that second link, but not sure anymore…
I don’t use specific resources, but I noticed computer and industry related terms often come up in Jisho.org when you search for terms related to economy, mathematics, computer science, etc.
Sometimes you start with something simple like 技術 and the terms just keep rolling.
Do you have a specific field in mind as well? We could do a more targeted search .
For now I’m keeping it more general. We make lubrication systems for machinery, and I have our japanese catalogs and other technical documents in japanese which are a good base. Just wondering what, if any, others found. Looking earlier I only found most Kaizen/Lean/6s material which is ok but not quite what I was looking for
Did some extra searching for manufacturing industry related terms and here’s what I found:
- https://www.daikodenshi.jp/solution/rbom/term-a/ (a list of terms with descriptions in Japanese)
- 工場・製造業全体でよく使われる用語|日研トータルソーシング株式会社 (similar to the above)
- 「生産」「製造」「製作」の違い | 社会人の教科書 (short article on the differences between the various “manufacturing” words; good source for other business-related terms I used before)
- 製造業技術用語集 | イプロスモノシリ | モノシリ (another glossary; seems like business/industry terms as well?)
- https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/assist/fa_word/pdf/l00066.pdf (useful words with example sentences and translations from Mitsubishi)
I just skimmed through them, but they look like a good starting point.