Japanese Gunpla youtube channel recommendation

Hello everyone,

土曜日おめでとうございます!
Happy Saturday ! Does anyone have a recommendation for a Japanese youtube gunpla channel? I have looked around, but most things resulting from the search terms yield foreigners in Japan talking about gunpla shops and stuff. I don’t know if I heard the advice here or elsewhere, but it was suggested to start watching a youtube channel about a personal hobby or interest (even if you don’t understand it), so that you can learn vocabulary associated with a topic you would eventually talk about, at least I think that was the rationale, that or just because it would hold your interest better.

Inquiry aside, I am loving it here, and I am loving wani kani in general, I even got my best friend pledged to the crabigator. I also just finished 幼女戦記 The Saga of Tanya the Evil. I highly recommend it. As well as Your Lie in April 四月は君の嘘 I saw the gifs in another thread and fell in love with the character design.

2 Likes

Is this the kind of thing you’re looking for?
The guy is explaining what he’s doing while he puts the model together.

Sorry if it’s way off, I had no idea what “gunpla” was so I looked it up and found something called ガンプラ in Japanese.

1 Like

Me and the wife have just completed our first ever Gundam! And we started retro with a model from 1980 (she loved the TV series as a kid) which we found in Hobby Off for 2,000.

Ours:

The same model on display in Gundam Base:

Edit: I made a Gundam / Gunpla thread here.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.