Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

Hey for people who are reading on kindle paper white or ios, what dictionary do you recommend? I found that the free jap-eng dictionary doesn’t have a lot of words, can not detect conjugated forms, and some of the words it does has, it won’t pull up the definition all the time, but just an example sentence.

So I brought Japanese English Dictionary Premium Edition that claimed it could do all these features. While it does seem to have more words and looks nicer when giving definitions it does not detect conjugated forms which is very disappointing. :confused: Unless I’m doing something wrong, I hope, I really want this to work.

I want to give it 2 stars for wasting my time, I’m going to have to still double click and move over to Imawa to look up conjugated forms, but since it’s so much nicer than the other one I had I’ll give it three. So beware if you’re looking for a way to have a nicer dictionary then go ahead and buy it, but not to look up conjugated verbs. If I knew it would do this I still would not have brought it but whats done is done. Edit: The premium also always brings up the pronunciation, while the default one would seldom neglect it.

Also please note that you can’t use these dictionaries with kindle fire for some reason, only the default dictionaries.