Japan Activator - Audiobooks (+ other resources)

If anyone is interested in audiobooks for Japanese learners, JA Audiobook (by Japan Activator) is an amazing app for android [I&nbsp;<i>think&nbsp;</i>it’s only on android unfortunately]. Thought I’d mention it on here as I couldn’t find any other posts about it when I did a search.

It’s a paid app, but I personally think it’s completely worth the money. There are several stories, from very simple, beginner level, to a more intermediate level, and they’re interesting and enjoyable to read along with. But as well as that, you get in-depth explanations of vocabulary and grammar, sentence by sentence, which I have found really useful. 

I like to read them before bed, just to brush up on my reading, listening, and grammar skills, while also getting an enjoyable and creative little bedtime story :smiley:

Here’s the link to the website, for a more in depth explanation of the app and a link to download: http://www.japan-activator.com/en/news/index/sitecomments/id/2375

The Japan Activator website also has a load of other amazing free resources for learning Japanese.

Let me know if you’ve tried this website, JA Audiobook, or if you’ve found any other Japanese audio books - I love them! :slight_smile:

Edit: this probably should have been in the Kanji and Japanese forum… Argh…

Thanks for sharing! Looks awesome.
Actually I have used apps from them before. They have a Kanji learning app called JA Sensei if I’m not mistaken. Awesome app. I’m not using it anymore since I use WK but its useful for references about the Kanji.
JA Sensei was awesome so I wouldn’t doubt JA Audiobook to be awesome too.

BK-201 said... Thanks for sharing! Looks awesome.
Actually I have used apps from them before. They have a Kanji learning app called JA Sensei if I'm not mistaken. Awesome app. I'm not using it anymore since I use WK but its useful for references about the Kanji.
JA Sensei was awesome so I wouldn't doubt JA Audiobook to be awesome too.
 No problem! :) and yes! I loved JA Sensei before I found WK:) the developer is really active and seems super committed to making the whole project a great resource for learners of Japanese.