Jalup Apps shutting down Fall 2022

Hey all, creator of Nihongo here. Just found this thread. Happy to answer any questions you have.

I’d also love any feedback on what you want to see preserved as Jalup content moves into Nihongo. I’m a big fan of Jalup and am really hoping to make it even better in Nihongo. I’m just getting started with the integration, so there’s plenty of time to influence its direction.

At the very least, I think having Jalup deeply integrated into a full-blown dictionary app will give some nice improvements to looking up words in the cards, seeing conjugations, contained kanji, getting more example sentences, etc.

A couple things I already see in this thread:

• I can say that card-linking will definitely be preserved. I know that’s an important part of what makes Jalup great.

• Things have moved moved pretty quickly so I haven’t had a lot of time to think through pricing yet, but I definitely want to figure out something that feels fair for people that have already purchased Jalup content through one of the apps. So there will be a discount for sure. I just need to figure out what exactly that looks like.

8 Likes