Jalup? any help?

This is only in the app and not the Anki deck, correct?

Yes, card linking is only available with in the app. A bit sad that it adds yet another platform, but personally I wouldn’t want to go without it.
Jalup Beginner might be doable without, since the definitions are in English and only the words/grammar in the sentence are linked, but for the monolingual definitions I find myself going back more often.
If one decides to move on to JI after JB though, it’s better to have them both in the app because linking only works for words/grammar you own the cards of.

3 Likes

Hmm :thinking: so how did people use this deck comfortably before the app came out?

I imagine they used the browse function within Anki, copy-pasting the words they’re looking for into the searchbar. Not as nice because you need to search for the right card within the results first and probably gets a bit awkward when you’re looking up grammar or when diving deeper (looking up something that is on a card you looked up), but I imagine it works somehow.

1 Like

Are there some discounts sometimes for jalup?

1 Like

As far as I am aware, only this:

*There are group discounts if you want to purchase the app for a group of people (ex. study group, class, company, etc.) Please e-mail me for more information.
(copied from Item Store - Japanese Level Up)

I do know a group of five people that bought Jalup Max together and the discount was fairly significant at that time.

2 Likes

I’d like to suggest we make such a group if anyone is interested. @whinette @travissmith @Aralakh

3 Likes

I’m in.

Took you long enough to type that :eyes:

1 Like

I was experimenting with those 10 characters limit. :crabigator:

How did you get past it?

I’ll make a separate thread for a purchase group.

2 Likes

Reply to me and then use the Quote whole post for the details.

3 Likes

Thread is here.

4 Likes

I do suggest you seek out like minded people to join you in a study group with the intentions of completing Jalup together, but in the spirit of good faith would also suggest to keep the majority of such discussion off google’able places. I’m sure Adam didn’t intend there to be a reddit thread about group purchases every month :wink:

1 Like

<I wonder of numbers work 1 2 3 4 5>
Edit: that answers that

Ohh I am not actually familiar with Jalup. Well, I do see a lot of comments about the application. Is there a link that I can refer to. Anyway, I saw a description about the application thanks a lot. I just hope that there is a link that will redirect me to the app.

Jalup iOS App
Jalup Android App
Jalup Blog

I’ve been using the free version of the IOS App and it has the first 100 cards of each deck unlocked.

I signed up for the group and I think it’s going to be worth it to me. The J-J nature of the intermediate decks and beyond really helps to keep me in the mindset while reviewing.

In addition, I like the following features:

• all the sentences are voiced
  • each word is a link to another card
  • each card builds on the previous cards in a way I like

One thing I’m completely skipping is the Kanji Kingdom. I don’t think that deck works as well as WK and I had no problems jumping into the Intermediate Deck after having finished WK.

For me, I needed a next step after WK but wasn’t sure what to go for. I already do reading and watching anime for fun, so something like a flash card system seemed to be ideal but I didn’t want single word decks or and I didn’t want to have to spend time building decks.

5 Likes