Jakeipuu not connecting

I’ve been using Jakeipuu ever since updategate a little while back, but this morning it is suddenly failing to connect. It just stays on the “this make take up to 1 minute” screen. I deleted the app on my phone and on my computer… I generated new API tokens, redownloaded the apps, and tried again… same thing.

Anyone else getting this? Could this be related to the API issue from last month? I hate losing this app.

Exact same here…Never had an issue until now. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly.

New post just dropped.

1 Like

I’ve conveniently had the emulator connected up to a proxy service currently for testing, so was in a position to quickly work out what was happening, haha. If the other apps work similarly they’ll just be iterating over /user and /subjects in a loop, hence it appearing that nothing is happening.

1 Like

oh no. that’s really not good

1 Like

I mean, at worst it’s just using up mobile data :person_shrugging:t2:

You could code timeouts into apps like this, but for a mobile app where you might go into a tunnel on a train for 10mins without signal, for example, it wouldn’t be ideal.

1 Like

Was more referring to WaniKani’s end of retrieving all that data continuously. That can’t be easy on bandwidth or processing.

1 Like

Ah, gotcha! Yeah, the user page is less than 1KB, but the subjects page is about 2MB.

Times that by the number of users who will have apps trying to do pulls and it probably adds up. On the other hand, it’s past midnight for Europe, so their overall data is probably not effected too much.

1 Like