It's That WaniKani Sale Time (Dec 18, 2018 - Jan 8, 2019)

I’m almost embarrassed to mention the extent that lifetime was worth it for me.

Subscribed! I was waiting for it!

I thought we had to enter a code in the box where it said “Do you know the magic words?” to get the discount so was writing “please”, “kudasai” etc in there and then had to go to the email and this thread to try and find a code, then realised we didn’t need one >_<

6 Likes

R.I.P my scholarship…

5 Likes

All glory to the Crabigator!

1 Like

I like you Jul3 :blush:

2 Likes

Speaking of burning that last kanji, I wonder how many people actually burned all the kanji (and perhaps vocab items) in WK. I know someone made a post earlier this year celebrating his final burn, but I don’t recall anyone other than him. Would be quite the interesting stat!

1 Like

love that you wrote kudasai hahahaah

2 Likes

Hurrah! Just upgraded to lifetime :smile:
THANKS KOICHI & CRABIGATOR!

1 Like

Nearly two years ago I joined the crabigator for life… As you can see, it was worth it!

4 Likes

Never noticed this thing about color :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this since I heard about it in the Podcast.

And… purchased. Now my lifetime subscriptions are in balance. Take my money WaniKani and Bunpro!

5 Likes

I thought this same thing years ago. Multiple breaks for life reasons, a level reset, and years later, I’ve spent that amount if not more. Also I could see at max level wanting to use the service to review and maybe even unburn everything and start over. If I were in your shoes I would go for the safe bet and get the lifetime, which is essentially the same as your best case subscription scenario.

But my my $0.02… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Though I love blue, I’ve just became a happy lifetimer as well :grinning:

Big thanks to all WK staff - so far, I’m loving it!
So a post to celebrate my brand new purple badge :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thanks Koichi and WaniKani team for the amazing sale !! I am glad to be a lifetime WaniKani (definitely not a cult) member !

2 Likes

I think I just scared my poor cats with my squeal of excitement. I’m a purple durtle now!! WOOO!

4 Likes

Aw, I don’t think I can get lifetime anyway without a credit card. And even with this great discount, it’s still too much to spend at once… even if it would mean saving in the long run :cry: (Terry Pratchett’s Shoe Metaphor in action… or rather ‘Captain Samuel Vimes ‘Boots’ theory of socioeconomic unfairness’) Currently I hope that I can afford a yearly subscription once I’ve finished level 3, get that student job I’ve applied for, and save up until next Christmas. The lure of the cult Crabigator kanji knowledge is just too strong!

5 Likes

Truly one of the great economic theories of our time.

You can pay via paypal if that’s an option for you? I don’t really understand how banking works in different countries :sweat_smile: Although obviously that’s no help if it’s too big a lump sum anyway.

That is adorable

2 Likes

Have you seen our lady and saviour though?
Purple is pretty nice if you ask me.

4 Likes

As far as I understood the FAQ, paypal payment (okay, that sounds weird) is only allowed for a yearly subscription, and I need to personally contact the site owners for that. But to be honest, I don’t even fully understand the banking system in my own country :sweat_smile: All I know is that it’s not easy to get approved for a credit card here, especially as a student with (currently) no income. I wanted to get financially more stable this year, but my health said ‘nope’. Yet I definitely consider WK a justifiable long-time investment that will pay off for me, so here’s hoping for a better 2019!

Ah, I see. Yeah, I was going to suggest getting in contact directly otherwise, as from my understanding they do try to help people who need to pay via different means.

Anyway, best of luck for 2019, for not only your health and finances but also for your kanji :grin:

2 Likes