It's That WaniKani Sale Time (Dec 18, 2018 - Jan 8, 2019)

Purple wave incoming!!!

All praise the lord crabigator :crabigator: and koichi his prophet!

4 Likes

Life. Risky at level 2, but what the heck you only live once.

6 Likes

I hope to join you soon, congratulations new lifetimers ^^

5 Likes

Passage Crab 13, Gator 3 seems to imply the confirmation that the WaniKani sale will happen every year :eyes:

2 Likes

We agreed mentionned that you would consider sending an autographed picture here https://community.wanikani.com/t/hello-lovely-people-bonjour-おはようございます/24963/3 :grin:

Thank you guys and happy holidays! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

In August 2014, I subscribed to Wanikani.

In March 2015, I subscribed to Textfugu lifetime for $99 - I didn’t want Textfugu at all and never used it, I just wanted the 50% discount on the Wanikani montly subscription.

Every year since then I decided not to get the lifetime Wani subscription. And now I’ve finally decided to get it.

Textfugu Lifetime = $99
Total wanikani monthly payments = $314
Wanikani Lifetime = $199

Grand total spent on Wanikani = $612 USD

I hate you almost almost as much as I hate myself.

22 Likes

Done and done!

1 Like

Nice. The 4500 sentences for $5 is a steal.

7 Likes

Even with a 12 day level pace (its usually 10 days for me but I gave myself a comfy buffer) I’ll reach all burned in 22 months = $198
So … Thanks papa Koichi, but I’ll save my $2 :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If you don’t want to use it “for life” then it’s not really aimed at you anyway.

We’d all like to imagine that we burn that last kanji, go out into the world and keep our kanji knowledge sharp for the rest of our lives, but clearly that doesn’t happen with everyone.

8 Likes

Will there be any annual discounts? Because even with doscount lifetime too expensive for me, and I don’t think I will be here more than ~1 year anyway

4 Likes

Wooo!

Just picked up the lifetime.
Super excited and nervous :smiley:

2 Likes

They’ve never done any discounts for the other levels (except for lowering prices for monthly and yearly permanently… early this year I think it was?)

2 Likes

How about promotional coupons? Is there a way to get this?

Converted ^.^

2 Likes

I have officially given up my life to the crabigator. RIP my life

2 Likes

So if had a recurring monthly subscription will the amount I paid already be deducted from a lifetime subscription?

2 Likes

The amount you paid for this month will be prorated from the lifetime price.

So if you paid 9 dollars for December, and you buy lifetime in the middle of the month, then you pay 4.50 dollars less for lifetime, or 199.00 - 4.50 = 194.50 dollars.

1 Like

goooold

3 Likes