When will we get the summary page back?

They’re in there now. And Tsurukame is broken for me.

Another thing WaniKani should fix. Lol

1 Like

hahaha nice…but this one I can’t put the blame on wk…this is a board thing hehe
people do it all the time not a big deal :smiley:

1 Like

Did you update the app cause I didn’t.

I hadn’t. After you posted, I noticed an update available, and now it works.

Edit: Tsurukame doesn’t currently do kana-only reviews.

1 Like

One thing I realized is that with the summary page gone, there is no direct way to get to the detailed kanji/vocab page other than searching for it or scrolling through a massive list for that level (both not so great options)

For example, I just learned 彼女 in my lessons, and being a super common word I already know, I wanted to add the “gf” user synonym to make my life easier. Before I would just click on the item in the summary after to add. But now I had to manually search up the term, just to get to that page.

While a lot of the information on those detailed pages can be seen by expanding the result while in the middle of studies/reviews, the pages still have their unique functionality such as looking up all the vocab that a kanji is used in for example. Seems like a huge oversight to suddenly lose easy access to all these pages.

I hope it comes back soon.

11 Likes

You can add a synonym straight away while taking a lesson. Just look for the “user synonyms” in the meaning tab

No, no, I’m sure the decision was made on a whim in a secret volcano hideout while Koichi cackled and chomped on a cigar. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Somehow I don’t doubt you were invited and saw the scene firsthand

Also, that sounds as if Koichi was a cool villain

Searing veins of red and orange fire decorate the walls, illuminating the labyrinth of igneous rock in an eerie, unholy glow. So there he is Koichi… In one hand, he clutches an enormous cigar, its end smoldering with the same intensity as the glowing magma below. Each puff he draws is a testament to his audacity

With a wicked grin curling the corners of his mouth, he leans back, his silhouette grotesquely outlined by the glowing magma below. He chomps down on his cigar, a thin curl of smoke spiraling upwards as he contemplates, tasting the words in his mouth like a sommelier savoring a particularly daring vintage.

Finally, he breaks the silence, his voice rumbling through the volcanic cavern, a menacing growl in perfect harmony with the churning earth beneath them. “It’s time we trim the fat, my friends,” he begins, his icy eyes twinkling with mirth.

“The summary page,” he continues, stabbing the air with the smoldering end of his cigar, “it’s nothing but fluff. It’s about time we burn it off. Strip it down to the bare essentials, just like this beautiful, bare beast of a mountain. So, consider this a command from your humble overlord: Eliminate the summary page from our WK website.”

1 Like

Bare beast or bare breast?

1 Like

bare breadth of a mountain? My grammar is bad here.

1 Like

I completely understand that… but the code should serve the users, you can’t just yank out a fundamental feature and call it a day (which is what it felt like it happened; they only commented on re-adding a summary page of likes after the backlash)

I just don’t understand a situation where you’d rather anger most of your community rather than fixing problematic code.

11 Likes

6 Likes

just here again because I’m still feeling the pain of not having the summary page.
it’s honestly having an impact on my motivation to do reviews.

14 Likes

Maybe it’s time to just give up on Japanese. I mean without the summary page, what’s the point of learning, or even living for that matter. I can’t keep living this lie that my life in Japan will be easier if I just studied Japanese when there is no summary page.

A wise man once said, “Man cannot live on Kanji study alone” and I am pretty sure he meant that there is a necessity to a page summarizing my passings and failings all in one place. That is all to say I don’t know how much longer I can keep up this lie that I don’t need the summary page in my life.

3 Likes

It’s fine that you don’t care about whether or not the summary page comes back, but do you really have to keep dunking on people who ask for it back?

The less convenient and more interruptions that learners experience in their studying process, the harder it is to get into that studying. Some people can use as a way to make themselves study more, which is great. Other people feel less motivated and find it more difficult to concentrate. Not every Japanese learner needs to be some sort of super type A gigachad.

Why do you feel the need to make fun of people who are upset about service that they paid for removing one of its functionalities?

32 Likes

I was going off the other comments that seemed sarcastic and thought that was what we were doing. If that’s how they actually feel, that wasn’t my aim.

I hope you’re getting paid lol. Strange how in every community where a bad change is made by the devs there is always a handful of people more then happy to play pretend white knight for a company.

16 Likes

I’m getting paid as much the people who are knee deep invested in this issue. Strange how in every community where a bad change is made there is always a handful of people more than happy to put up with the changes despite making threads about how earth shattering and negative they claim it is.

Guess it goes both ways :person_shrugging: the difference with me is I don’t care either way. I misread the thread’s tone and thought you guys were joking about how dire things were, I’m sorry you guys are this perturbed by things, I hope you find peace.

1 Like