Issues with second guessing myself

This is an interesting thing i’ve noticed lately, and maybe it’s a bias and not actually happening as consistently as I think it does, but this is a typical example.

• New review.
  • Something instantly pops into my head (lets say A).
  • Thinks for a second, and decide to answer something else (lets say B).
  • Wrong answer, correct answer was A.

Does anyone else gets those at least semi consistently?

26 Likes

Ugh. Yes. >>

And I do the same with my leeches.

“I always get this one wrong. …and I always think it’s A. …so then it must be …B, right? GDI IT WAS A!

And then a leech went from a real leech to a perceived leech, but that still keeps it just as leechy! :exploding_head:

14 Likes

Yeah I just stopped using leech addons at this point because I don’t want to worry about this stuff anymore.

If I get slowed down by leeches, then so be it.

I still have the addon that tells me which SRS level this or that item is and I’m also considering ditching that one because it’s giving me informations I shouldn’t need.

6 Likes

Sometimes it happens, but thankfully not too much, I’m usually right though, and when I’m wrong, well both answers were wrong anyway lol

That’s the best case scenario hehe. I want nothing more than being completely wrong on items that need to be trained :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yep…and usually on Enlightened items…

I have the same! My leeches often transform from making the same mistake every time to remembering that it is not what I always think it is, so when I finally actually learn the correct answer, I always assume that I’m wrong even though I’m not.
However, I usually solve this by creating a new mnemonic, so that I don’t keep falling for the same old one that has been broken by that problem. It’s a bit of a workaround, but after doing that I usually get the answers right.

6 Likes

Ooh, I’ll try that when I inevitably run into one of those again. XD Thanks!

1 Like

Yes. A lot.

2 Likes

No.

Little voice telling you wrong answer claiming to be the right answer?! That’s my thing!

3 Likes

Oh my days yes, and I think it’s getting worse and worse. Partly because of the leech issue mentioned by others, but I definitely do this to myself with burn reviews and everything.

5 Likes

Yes, the little voice. Not sure who it is. :scream:

1 Like

We need another combination of animals, half dolphin, half dragon to be the villain and wanikani’s enemy.

Dolgon role is to hinder your wanikani learning. Then we can go like

-“Dolgon spoke to me while I was doing reviews and gave me the wrong answer.”

4 Likes

It doesn’t really work in Japanese though. :thinking:

1 Like

海豚竜 and we just pretend It’s read “dolgon”. Have a better idea of two animals to combine and turn into kaijuu?

2 Likes

i personally recommend dropping this addon, i also used to use it but there’s definitely a trap to fall into with thinking “oh i just learned this so the reading should be fresh hmmm” or “oh i thought this looked like one i just got but it says master? let me think a second then”

maybe others have more control over themselves but i definitely think im better off having dropped it

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, the way you described it is exactly what I do! I’m glad I’m not the only one…

1 Like

No you are right, my intent initially was to use it to remind me to take a bit more time to think about enlightened items rather than failing to burn them due to impatience. But it has the result that you describe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.