Issue with the confirmation of kanji readings

I don’t know if I’m just doing something wrong, but when I was doing the lessons for the Level 1 kanji, whenever I got to (ジュウ) my keyboard would always snap to ジユウ and the app would register it as being incorrect.

I understand there’s a difference between ユ and ュ but is it really big enough to not let me get the answer right? Even then, the app would never switch to ュ so I wasn’t able to complete the level until I just straight up copy and pasted the answer after 5 tries.

Here’s a photo of it

If I run into this again how can I make my keyboard go to the lower one? Or do I just need to copy and paste the answer again?

Thanks in advance

To confirm, which of the following are you typing in?

• jiyuu
  • jyuu
  • juu
5 Likes

In this case, they basically result in different words. じゆう is a word meaning “freedom” and じゅう means “ten” (among other things).

As mentioned above, it’s just a matter of typing the combined kana correctly. The kana table (indicated with a ひ on the review screen, lists all the ways to type the individual kana.

8 Likes

In that case I was using juu. Tried doing the lessons on my pc instead of my phone and realized that theres different prompts on pc that explain the difference in typing it out.

1 Like

Keep in mind that all the apps are third party, so they won’t be exactly the same as the website.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.