Is がっこうぐらし good reading/kanji practice?

がっこうぐらし is labeled as a seinen manga. That appears to be accurate in that a four page preview of volume 1 didn’t have furigana on anything except for names. But those four pages still weren’t too tough to get the gist of what was going on.

So has anyone tried reading this manga? If so, how did it go and what level were you when you tried?

I haven’t read it, but my advice is generally that if you are interested in reading something you sohuld try it. Motivation to read is, to me, much much more important than if what you are trying to read is appropriate for your level or not.

So if you are interested in reading it, and it’s accessible to you and within your price range I say you should go for it. Worst case scenario is that it ends up being to difficult for you for now, which means you can come back to it later. I mean, your end goal is to be able to read such things comfortably, right? Then buying it now just means the future you gets it for free later, kinda? :smiley:

The thing with manga is also that a lot of the story is generally conveyed visually, so even if words or grammatical constructs are unknown to the present you, you can still infer much from context.

2 Likes

That’s pretty great advice. Thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.