Is it ok to take a break and just wait for tomorrow on too many reviews?

Not really. I was, but then I realized that I wasn’t taking enough time on each question, but now everything i suddenly easier to remember now.

I feel better just doing it all at once, so maybe I should just do that. Maybe that’s my pace. idk

No problem with letting some reviews sit once in a while. If you make a habit out of it, that might be a sign of a larger issue. That, or you may need to buckle down and just do more reviews than you feel like doing.

I find it’s a lot easier while I’ve got some background music going. Just gotta keep the music instrumental and quieter than WK.

1 Like

do as many reviews as you can. It might take a few sittings to get through the backlog. I used to use vacation mode when I was busy. Now I prefer to let the lesson queue build but I stay on top of the reviews. Nobody can see your queue except you.

2 Likes

i never ever let reviews rot. your schedule is there for a reason, you’re likely to forget the items if you don’t review
when they’re due.

i’m actually slightly shocked at this thread. we didn’t use to have a widespread slacker attitude here.

do less lessons or don’t do any, that’s all fine - but never even start thinking of not doing your reviews. it will spiral and eventually get out of control, if you let it become a habit.

instead, develop good habits: do only as many lessons as you want to see as review batches, and always do your reviews, and in time.

2 Likes

I do this sometimes. I do reviews throughout the day, so I am usually at 0 reviews, but if I’m too fired at night, I might not wait for those items coming in at midnight. Usually I have none, or only a couple coming in between midnight and 8 am, so I won’t set my alarm to do them at all hours of the night either. And if I have a large batch coming in during the day, I’ll sometimes start it, but not finish, because I still have to work. i’ll just do a couple and check back later. Or save them to do on the train, or at home on the laptop with scripts for faster processing.

And if the reviews are not apprentice I am generally less stressed about doing them on time. Because an hour or two extra on a week/month is nothing to the SRS. But in that case it is important to be aware of at least the apprentice 1/2 item review times.

1 Like

I mean, the dude was just busy and mentioned doing some of the 200 rather than all of them and do the rest tomorrow.

Im pretty sure most of everyone who has made it to level 60 has done that before. I dont think its a huge deal personally in this case.

I think your 4 hour and 8 hour should definitely be done on time to the best of your ability, but past that it shouldnt matter to much if you catch 8hrs of zzz’s before you do your higher srs level reviews. The srs jump from guru to master isnt some magical time that koichi spent 50 years in the Himalayas meditating to find out. If you dont follow it exactly and cant get all your reviews done one day, its not a huge deal imo. But yeah just dont let it become a habit if its just a matter of being lazy.

I dont think its something worth hyping up too much.

10 Likes

The reviews will pile up
tomorrow
bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
there’ll be durtles

4 Likes

I ended up finishing all of them, actually. At the end of the day I would’ve done that.

I don’t ever let myself leave reviews alone once I get the chance to do them and really I asked a dumb question lol

1 Like

I know this is back a bit in the thread but we should make a rhythm game thread if there isn’t already one.

2 Likes

I’ve committed to doing reviews in a timely manner, but I’ll delay lessons if I’m too busy. I feel like that works best with the SRS paradigm. Once I got into the 20s it became important to keep reviews from piling up, since all the Burn items started kicking in.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.