Is anyone on here a medical student?

I got accepted into med school a few months ago and start in the fall. I don’t have any problem keeping up with lessons and reviews now while finishing my final year of uni.(what am I talking about I’m only level 2?) But I don’t know how it’s going to be in med school. Anyone that’s been through similar stuff have any advice?

1 Like

Iirc, @FlyingPenguin97 さん、 has had similar experience.

1 Like

Which country are you based in?

1 Like

It will be a US MD School

1 Like

Ok, I won’t advise as I trained in the UK and I think it’s very different. Though I’d say it’s healthy to keep interests other than med school going to keep sane.

3 Likes

Congrats on your med school admission.
Has been many years since my med school days. I agree with Cathm above that you should absolutely continue to pursue interests outside of your medicine studies, but medical training, especially in the first year or two, is A LOT of memorization. I think you will find the memory part of your brain will be pretty well taxed. So, absolutely, continue your language studies, but give yourself some slack and don’t expect to be advancing as quickly as you might like.

5 Likes

Thank you for your response! And thanks Cathm2 as well. I definitely want to be a person outside of medicine and languages have always been a passion of mine. I will try to keep at it even if it’s just a little each day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.