Is Anki overrated?

I also have mixed feelings about Anki. On the one hand, it has huge upfront time costs as you get everything set up the way you like it and start creating decks. On the other hand it is extremely customizable, and doesn’t rely on what other people think about what the important words are that you need to remember. You can use your own experience of what comes up and tailor it to you. Having said that, I sometimes think the flexibility becomes too much to process when thinking about what information and how much of it you should put into your decks.

Wow. I have almost all of your shared decks bookmarked. But if even you say that then I guess there definitely some improvements needed in anki. :smiley:

I think Anki is underrated. People take one look at the interface and give up. It’s a powerful piece of software, but it is not easy to use.

1 Like

I think it’s neither overrated nor underrated. The general consensus seems to be that it’s a powerful piece of software that is a pain to use (with some people absolutely adoring it and some people absolutely despising it) and that seems about right.

I use it as little as possible, but it’s nice to have on hand.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.