[iOS] Tsurukame - native app with offline lessons and reviews

I had to delete the app, and when I reinstalled it I had the same API error message. I was on 0 reviews. Please fix this, I can’t use anything else since I downloaded this!

I was having a radical for the newly unlocked level show as Locked for no reason. I tried to relog (fixed a similar issue in the past) but now I’m also getting the API key error. Real shame, as I have a long trip coming up tomorrow and this is my favorite app for killing downtime.

I dont know if this is the right place for this question, bur Im having trouble leveling up and I dont know if it is because of tsurukame or because Im doing something wrong. For the last 4 days, when I check wkstats it tells me I will level up in 2 days (usually at 11pm). But the next day it says again that I will level up in 2 days! My accuracy is above 90% and it’s been 10 days since I leveled up last (Im only level 3 though).
What confuses me is wkstats telling me a very precise level up time/date and then changing every day. Am I using the app incorrectly? Is it not syncing? How do I know when should level up? I thought it was the 4-8-12 hr pattern to get to Guru and that should ideally be 6-7 days

Iim using an iphone SE both with wifi and data plan. Im also now in the monthly subscription.

Thanks

To level up, you first have to guru your radicals, which means getting them right a number of times. If you get one of them wrong, it gets reset in the srs level - which means you have to wait again for a number of hours before you can review it.
Once your radicals are on guru, new kanji unlock. Now you need to bring 90% of your kanji on Guru level. Have you done all available kanji lessons? Or have you gotten some of them wrong along the way, three or so? That can set you back for a day or so.
Wkstats is just an estimation on how long it will take you to level up. At level 2, there is not much data to go on and it‘s not very reliable. And as soon as you get more kanji wrong than you can afford, your estimated level-up will be further away because you need to guru this kanji you got wrong first. Sorry if this sounds confusing, hope it helps.

Thanks Tyger! No, not confusing at all. I thought if i got most of them right (with some wrongs) it would still let me level up, and it was a matter of time, rather than “resetting” until i get them right.
Also, you are right, I thought I was level 3, but that’s the level Im working on now, so im actually level 2 haha dammit

Glad I could help.
As I thought, there are 9 kanji that need leveling up before you can advance (or at least around 6 of them). Good luck!

So, radicals AND kanji have to be guru’d! I had understood only radicals. My bad

Does the fact that in Review Order I selected “current level first” and not “SRS Level order” affect leveling up in any way?

Sorry about the API key errors - they were caused by the recent changes to the WaniKani API.

Good news: I’ve got a fix ready and I’ve submitted a new version of the app to Apple for review. Hopefully it should be available in a couple of days!

9 Likes

Nope. It‘s really just that, review order. If you have wagonloads of reviews, say 500, or if you‘re very short on time and just want to stay in your leveling schedule, you can use this to review your current level first, and then do the other items later. Or, in my case I prefer srs level first as I have about 1000 reviews due and that way I get rid of apprentice items first before attacking the rest.

Hi @davidsansome - Good day! Are you pertaining about the error “An error occured fetching your API key” ? Yesterday, I was having issues logging back in to the app, deleted the app, restarted the phone and reinstalled again but still the same issue.

1 Like

I’m having this same issue this morning.

The new update fixed the API problems. Glad to have it working again! I noticed that the app crashes when I click ‘end review session’, however. I’m using an iPad Pro, but this problem doesn’t seem to occur when I’m reviewing on my iPhone 8 Plus.

yep, the app has been updated and it’s working fine now. Thanks to @davidsansome for the wonderful app!

I love this app, thanks a lot @ davidsansome!!

Thank you for this very nice app @davidsansome.
Is it normal that during my last reviews when I made a mistake, the app won’t go to the next item and give me multiple chances to find the answer? Did I miss something?

For some reason, my queued updates are sitting at over 800 left to update. A lot of them were burned and I would really appreciate not having to do them all again if possible. Anything I may be missing or doing wrong on my end?

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I love this app! I prefer it much more to doing on my phone than my computer now :smiley:

2 Likes

Feature Request: Disable (or slow down) auto-advance

Thanks for building this fantastic app! The one thing that really bothers me is that the app auto-advances to the next vocab item after answering correctly. This is especially problematic when the “Play audio automatically” option is turned on. The audio plays when the screen has already advanced to the next vocab word, which means I mentally associate the audio with the wrong vocab.

Could you please add an option to disable auto-advance (or even better: slow down the auto-advance until after the audio has finished playing)?

This would make all the difference to me.

5 Likes

This app has fully taken over my studying. So good!

I had the same problem. Has this issue been fixed already? Seems a big waste of time if it can’t sync, lol.