[iOS] Mobile AlliCrab for WaniKani

お疲れ様でした ^^

1 Like

I hope the Double Check can be made to work with the new update, I don’t feel the “Ignore Answer” works well enough (I find the items still gets a mark down, or at least don’t progress as they should. Or was that just a bug at the time when I tested it? I’ve never used it other than testing once, and those items did not progress)

If I remembered the meaning correctly, but just couldn’t recall exactly what English word they used (or couldn’t spell it right) I want to mark it as correct. I’m here to learn Japanese, not English (though it gets improved in the process, it shouldn’t affect my srs =P )

I use the ignore script myself, and it works fine for me. Maybe give it another try and let me know if it’s still not working for you?

I personally don’t have the time to update and maintain Double Check. I know a number of people use it, so hopefully someone picks up maintenance of the script.

trying to run allicrab on iOS 11 public beta 3 on a iPhone 7 and it still immediately crashes upon opening even on 2.3. Tried deleting and reinstalling it. When reinstalled it lets me have to option to log in ( upon logging starts crashing) or add my api key. Both api 1 and 2 starts crashing again. Sorry if this is a known issue and I totally understand that I’m on a beta this type of thing is normal and expected.

I have had one other person mail me with a crash on start-up on iOS 11. That person is able to start the app with the phone in landscape. Once the app starts, then you can reorient it to portrait and use it as usual. Let me know if that workaround works for you.

1 Like

yeah that worked. Weird that works as a workaround but hey I’ll take it. Thanks

Yeah, I’m not entirely sure what’s going on as it doesn’t crash for me on my 7+. I’m in the middle of a rewrite of the app with a view toward the WK API v2, so it’ll get fixed one way or another.

1 Like

Hey there, love the app. Thank you so much for developing and maintaining it!

Just wanted to report that the lesson scrolling issue happens to me as well.
I’m on an iPhone 6S, latest update.

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it and see if I can find the cause.

2 Likes

Definitely checking this out, thanks!

@cplaverty Could you add the “Close but no Cigar” script to the app? Since we can’t mark accidentally correct answers as wrong, this is the next best thing.

Sure, will do.

1 Like

It would be lovely to be able to add user synonyms during lessons in this app :slight_smile: I always add them in my native language. Currently I can use Mobile Allicrab for only reviewing. For that purpose it’s excellent though!

Also sometimes I miss the opportunity to change the alarm tone that reminds me to review. It’s a little quiet for my liking, but that’s a minor thing that you needn’t really mind :slight_smile:

Will add this to my list, but I’m hoping it gets added as native functionality before I get the chance:

I’ve had no inspiration for a custom tone, which is why I’ve left it at the default. I wish this was something that you could directly customise, but unfortunately I don’t know of any way to do so.

1 Like

The countdown to level up is way off. It says I’ve been at level 10 for 8 days when it’s been 3. Is there a way for me to fix this?

If you email me your API key to allicrab@icloud.com, I’ll take a look.

Hi there, firstly, great app. I really love your work.

I have been having issues with the time to level recently. As of previous level, I tried to slow down as the life got busy. So sometimes after 7-8 days into the level, I noticed it started showing 20+. I thought it was an issue with the API key or something, levelled up and it happened again just now on this level. So it must be something that changed in the app recently.

It is not a huge issue for me as I am trying to increase days to level to around 18-20, but it is hard to understand where I am now as I don’t want to go too slow.

Are you getting kanji wrong after you’ve gurued them? Unfortunately the current API can’t distinguish between kanji you’ve never gurued and kanji you gurued but got wrong later. I believe the new API V2 will support this information.

With that said, showing 20+ after 7-8 days is a bigger discrepancy than what I’ve seen, so maybe it’s a different issue.

Thanks!

When the projected time to level increases like that, have you ever paid attention to the text describing it? When I’m using the average level time, the title will be “Level Up In (Estimated)”; if I’m using your minimum guru time, it’ll just say “Level Up In”. Have you noticed whether it’s flipping between an estimated time or not? I’m thinking similar to @seanblue that this is the cause of the change you’re seeing: either a kanji or a radical has dipped under guru and it’s reverting to an estimate based on your average levelling speed. If that is the case, it’s something that can be handled much better when I release 3.0 against the new API version 2.

I am re-reading my post, and I can see why you guys got confused. The issue is not “level up in…” prediction, the problem is with “current level time”. After few days in the new level, it starts showing 20+. Is there any other way, or a script so I can check somewhere else to confirm that I am not going crazy?