Introducing Natively - A free community book sharing site with over 900 popular books graded by difficulty

Any plans to add a “compare our libraries” feature? As in, I go to another user’s library and can click a button to see a table of every book on both of our lists, with a little information for both sides. It looks like this on AniList:

Simplest approach would be to only show the completed entries in common, but there’s some value in being able to see books from your Owned and Wish List sections if the other user has completed (and more importantly scored) them.

7 Likes

That’s an interesting idea, I like it. I can’t say I see it being implemented soon, as there are quite a few things ahead of it in priority (reviews / lists / audiovisual), but it would be very cool and i’ll keep it in mind xD

3 Likes

Found a possible bug on the stats page. It says I have read 1 book this year, which is correct:
But for pages it says >700, which I definitely haven’t. The completed book is 303 pages by the site’s count and I’m at 92, 64, and 28 pages of the books in flight which makes 487, so I don’t know where the missing 200+ pages are coming from.

3 Likes

Ah, good catch! After investigating a bit there is indeed a bug here with regards to stopped books & pages read calculation. The extra 200+ pages were coming from 黄金仮面 and #ある朝殺人犯になってい, which you stopped in December.

I’ll fix it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@pocketcat all fixed up - your activity now correctly says 487 pgs for this year :+1:

2 Likes

FYI, This question mark indicator doesn’t do anything on hover or on click.

2 Likes

How does the site handle rereads? On Goodreads it gives you a second set of start-finish dates, does that happen here too if I mark an already-read book again as currently reading?

2 Likes

Fixed thanks!

Unfortunately there’s no real support for rereads yet. The site only allows one set of date started / date finished dates per book. If you do move back to ‘in progress’ it will wipe the previous date started / date finished. And for stats, your pages read for the most previous read will be the only ones counted.

Eventually I’d love to support it better, but I don’t think it will be coming very soon… I’ll mark you down as a vote for it though :slight_smile:

As an aside for anyone who’s curious… I am still working on reviews overhaul. It’s taking me quite a bit longer than I intended as I am also updating the branding/styles on the book page. Coming soon hopefully!

4 Likes

Good to know, thanks for the response! Am enjoying using the site nonetheless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On a user profile page, if you click one of the profile tabs (e.g. Activity) the browser Alt+Left and Alt+Right behavior stops working because the left/right arrow keys are captured to switch profile tabs instead.

2 Likes