Hi guys! I’m excited to introduce a website I’ve been working on for a while. To put it simply, it’s a free community website where you can find and share leveled Japanese books. It’s called Natively (https://learnnatively.com/).
- Browseable collection of over 1400 book series (over 13000 books), each one graded by difficulty with links where to find it
- The collection contains all the most commonly read books, including every (?) WaniKani book club book (Yotsubato, Shirokuma Cafe, Nichijou, … etc)
- Allows you to keep a digital bookshelf - you can mark books as ‘wish list’, ‘in progress’, ‘finished’ or ‘stopped’
- Dynamic difficulty grading system based on user comparisons of books they’ve read
- Share your public profile or view other profiles to get inspired
- Write reviews for the books you’ve read
- Follow other users
- It’s free
How does the grading system work?
- Users can grade their previously read books by comparing them two at a time, choosing one book to be harder or the two books to be similar difficulty
- User gradings are then put into an Elo rating system
- see here for more info
It’s still very much in it’s infancy, so please share any thoughts or feedback! And if you have any particular books you want added, please either submit it on the site or leave in the comments with a link & estimated level. It’s extremely easy for me to add books. Thanks!
- browse curated selection by JLPT level
- search the entire collection
- WaniKani book search
- sample public profile (me!)
- original introduction on reddit