Introducing Natively - Now with Movies & TV Shows, Korean, Spanish, German and More!

PRODUCT UPDATE

As I previously hinted, this sprint was all about surfacing your reading statistics in intuitive way. I think Natively does stats quite well now… better than other reading trackers in my opinion! :slight_smile:

A New 'stats' Tab On Your Profile!

You can now find in-depth metrics on your reading, allowing you to toggle between books vs pages and to split across different time segments. I encourage you to play around!

If you keep track of your days read or log your reading time when you update your progress, you’ll find additional graphs.

Book Page Stats

On book pages, we now have a new section ‘My Stats’ which surfaces more reading statistics for a particular book, such as reading speed over the entire book.

Add / Edit Reading Sessions Manually

On your activities related to reading sessions, you can now edit the reading session… such as changing the date or the pages read. If you want to quickly find your reading sessions, remember that you can filter your feed to only ‘Reading Sessions’! Also, if you want activities for a particular book, you can always view that feed on that particular books activity feed.

You can now manually add reading sessions! You simply need to go to the book page, find the activity feed and click the ‘+’. Do note that you can only add from the book page, but you can edit reading sessions anywhere you see the activity.

Hidden activities

While you’ve always been able to remove certain activities from your feed, you’ll now see you simply can hide activities from others. As we’re beginning to use these activity items to surface editing capabilities (such as edit reading sessions), allowing you to remove the activity from the feed wouldn’t work.

Upcoming

For this sprint, I’ll be adding forums! I’m really not sure how long this will take, but hopefully it’s easy. Afterwards, I’ll get to movies.

I decided to add forums now as I think I’ll want to have dedicated discussion threads for upcoming, separate aspects of the site (movies, then Korean).

In addition, I’m hopeful that forums will be a quick win for growth. Multiple users have mentioned in passing to me that they like to interact on Natively forums and that since they’re not on WaniKani, they’d prefer Natively forums. We’ll see :slight_smile:

Any questions or concerns, of course let me know! Thanks!

Edit: @Phryne you can now add daily reading sessions retroactively! Let me know what you think.

11 Likes