KameSame - a fast, feature-rich Japanese memorization webapp

miscalulation

I don’t want to add it as an “Alternate spelling” because then I won’t be forced to remember 算定する。

typo

Is this “That’'S All” typo a WaniKani problem or a KameSame problem?

Found another one:

No idea! I don’t use Android.

1 Like

I think that’s how it’s coming across from the API ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Since 計算する is not a WK vocab, and there’s not yet a feature for custom cards, there’s currently nothing else you can do

1 Like

Hello @searls, thanks for the nice app! I am having a problem, however: I’m stuck on doing only three reviews at a time. It doesn’t let me do more than that, no matter what I type on the “Items to study” box.
Did a full page information cleanup on chrome, logged back in and still the same problem. This was working until yesterday, but today it appeared locked on 3. Could you please check this out?

Sorry about that. I need to change how that persists. Try typing in exactly the number it says are available and then start a review session

I tried that several times. No matter what number I type to do a review, it always does only 3 now.

Don’t think that these images will help, but… If I type 49, 48, 47, 30, 20, 10, 5 or any number whatsoever I’ll always get only three reviews.

unknown%20(1)

A fix for this is rolling out now

1 Like

Well, I’ve gotten my new laptop…

And I’ll repost here what I wrote in an email, because I think your app is pretty swell:

Also, I have no idea how far behind I am on KaniWani (though I could reset it and do a level at a time… when I have time, eventually…)

Greetings, everyone. I’m doing some account management updates today. 1150 of you should have gotten email address confirmation e-mails, but I (stupidly) blew way past my mail service’s quota halfway through and I have no way to know if it actually sent everything or not.

If you have a KameSame account and did not receive a confirmation email, let me know here. I may just have to re-send everything. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi,

Did not receive such e-mail. I also checked my Junk folder.

By the way, I’ve been using the app for about two weeks and I really like it. Simple and effective to recall my kanji and vocabulary from memory.

Keep up the great work :wink:

1 Like

Any chance you use a Microsoft e-mail address? Outlook/Live/Hotmail?

Beach ball… what beach ball?

1 Like

Indeed. Hotmail :frowning:

i’m pretty sure beach ball is what your mouse turns into, when something is loading on OSx. what on windows was the hourglass and is now the spinning circle thingy.

1 Like

Ok. Working on it with Mailgun. Thanks

Correct. For several versions of Safari, HTML inputs listening to 'input' and 'keydown' sorts of events would cause a “beachball” (UI freeze) for up to several seconds at apparent random. The official Mojave release appears to have fixed it.

1 Like

Oh, I thought perhaps it was reference to some JS or other CSS skin/style on the KameSame page that I was supposed to see, but wasn’t. (Some websites change cursors - or at least used to, once upon a time on the internet…)

*shrugs* My mistake.

1 Like

This beach ball. It happened on High Sierra when I used IME on Safari. I had to wait everytime the chosen hiragana wanted to be converted to kanji on every review/lesson page. Never happened again since I upgraded to Mojave.