Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before that changes. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t it traditionally 2nd place? Or 3rd, if there’s a manga in the first 2 and we read both options. ^^

3 Likes

I think it’s been 2nd or 3rd the last couple of votes but I haven’t really been keeping track. I just know it’s normally near the top and I don’t think there’s anything else on the list that can compete with it this time.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was second when kino won, and third in the haruhi/konbini poll, then second in the poll where kitchen won.

3 Likes

Here we go again :joy:
I almost want it to win so we can get it over with

7 Likes

It would be pretty funny if it came in second place in every poll, forever, though

13 Likes

That would be funny. I also want it to finally win this time since I’m going to be busier than usual for the next several months and this is the perfect time for me to not read it.

Edit: I don’t want to sound too negative about it. I’d just rather watch the movie.

6 Likes

I also agree it would be an okay time to get rid of Your Name. That will give me time to put together the group for learning the hyakunin Isshu :stuck_out_tongue: (well, depending on what @Belthazar thinks about it)

5 Likes

(Why’s it depend on what I think about it? You think I’m gonna go “It’s my book, preciousss! We read it with the book club or not at all!”? :stuck_out_tongue:)

Besides, it’s currently tied for third, so really anything could happen.

6 Likes

Because that, yes. So you decide what we do with it.

4 Likes

Plus reading 獣の奏者. :slight_smile:

I also don’t care what wins right now since I’ll be focusing on that. Might join if 氷菓 wins, but I haven’t decided yet.

Learning the hundred poems would be kind of interesting. But I’d also fail miserably so why should I bother? :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Because you’d also fail if you didn’t try? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

That type of memorization really isn’t my strong suit. :sweat_smile:

Your Name is winning… This just doesn’t feel right.

6 Likes

Right now leading by one vote… which happens to be from @lantana, who nominated the book in the first place. That does feel satisfying, if not right.

We may be witnessing the end of an era.

6 Likes

Just like with 時をかける少女 last year. :joy:

2 Likes

Now it’s tied again!

1 Like

So the impression I’m getting from the conversation thus far is that if Your Name wins… nobody will be reading it :thinking: :joy:

5 Likes

I have the book already. Bought it ages ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes