Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

Hopefully! It will probably be a little while before we read it anyway if it’s picked, so there’s time before you have to get it.

Generally, I only buy digital formats for manga since physical copies take up so much shelf space, are more expensive, and I read manga so quickly anyway. If I lived next to a Bookoff it would be different, but unfortunately I don’t (I wish I did!).

2 Likes

Digital manga are sometimes so blurry though, and I feel like I wouldn’t appreciate the art nearly as much in digital form. Besides, in my case I just added a bunch of book shelf space, so I can fit maybe 100-150 more volumes of manga. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I need more book shelf space. Currently got four piles of books on my floor that won’t fit, and my to-read pile is another four shelves of books…

2 Likes

If I had infinite shelf space and money I’d have no qualms about buying physical copies of everything. I tend to enjoy reading physical books more, although it’s easier to have digital copies with me at all times thanks to my trusty cell phone. Unfortunately I live in a small condo, so no dice on extensive shelving space. I already have books stacked two deep…

9 Likes

I wish we lived in a world where buying a physical copy always granted you a digital copy too.

10 Likes

If you had infinite shelf space, then the entire universe would be filled with nothing but your shelves. Nice job breaking everything.

5 Likes

Yeah… They do it for movies now, (Blu-ray+digital), so why not books?

4 Likes

Sacrifices must be made for book shelving space.

8 Likes

Kinda reminds me of a villain in a webcomic I used to read who tried to make a pocket universe. Except, instead of using it for stockpiling weapons, you would stockpile books in there.

3 Likes

I know it got eliminated, but 宝石の国 Volume 1 and Volume 2 are free on Amazon on Kindle. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice. Volume 3 is free as well.

Now we just need season 2 of the anime. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh I forgot it was volume three as well (I found it yesterday, but only updated my list today). Thank you. :slight_smile:

Uh oh!

Also

You don’t say! :thinking:

12 Likes

That
Seems like a lot
Even for that book

8 Likes

That’s an average of almost two times per page. It does seem a bit excessive!
I’ll let you know if I find a page where a character hysterically says 魔法少女 300 times!

13 Likes

:frowning_face: BookOff didn’t have キッチン. Looks like they had everything else she’s published.

Kinokuniya has it …

1 Like

When that happens, I just go to a different book-off. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think they have many Book Offs in California. :wink:

7 Likes

… I didn’t notice the price tag. Welp.

1 Like

Welcome to the life of every book club member who doesn’t live in Japan… :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes