Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

I’m so happy people are talking about Brandon Sanderson’s books. :OOOOO

I still adore Mistborn and also his more recent books. I finally read the latest Stormlight Archive book recently.

He would come to Houston for talks and book signings a lot and he is as good a public speaker as he is a writer. He’s so excited about talking about writing with everyone.

2 Likes

I would probably join a 多読 club :relaxed: (depends on how much time i have in the next few months. Have to write my bachelor thesis :expressionless:)

What i would also be interested in is reading things that are not light novels (regular novels or 短編小説 or essays or whatever)

2 Likes

Count me in!!! :rofl:
I’m trying to get through all my graded readers (they go all the way up to Advanced in difficulty =P )
I read all the level 0 and 1 when I first started (2.5 years ago, before I even found WK! <3 ), and got a good bit of lvl 2 done, but then I got bussy with all the book clubs so didn’t get around to finish the rest of them. I bought the complete set, so have all of them.
And recently I found a different set, so bought all of those too :rofl:
Including the lvl 0 and 1 books, just cause I love graded readers :wink:
The old set goes up to lvl 4 - Intermediate
The new set goes up to lvl 5 - Pre-Advanced

And I have a TON of manga that I want to read, but never get around to. Maybe I can set myself a goal and try to read at least something each week, and see if I can get my speed up more and more =^_^=
As part of a 多読 club I might find the motivation to get it done! =D

Oh! And I bought these two years ago! But they never seem to win (Beginner Book Club), so maybe I should give up and read them on my own =P

5 Likes

Can you post the name of this please? The picture is pretty small and I’m struggling with radical search in Midori before coffee this morning.

1 Like

絶叫学級
Followed by 絶望鬼ごっこ

4 Likes

Thank you :grinning:

2 Likes

Well I guess I will finally finish Kino now.

8 Likes

If you want to check them out, here is the nomination post from beginner book club: LINK to post

It has some more info about them, images from inside (so you can check out difficulty) and a vote to see what others thought about the difficulty =)

3 Likes

I’ve actually been interested in these since I saw your original nomination post! Maybe they’ll win someday :smiley: But if not, I’m likely going to order them anyway, because they look like good practice material. So I’m super glad you posted them!

3 Likes

I’m set for a while!

17 Likes

届きました!!

It is going to be a challenge - but I am looking forward to it.

9 Likes

So you’re ready for my Haruhi group? :wink:

2 Likes

Only if it’s after we finish キノの旅…

1 Like

3 Likes

Apropos of nothing, PSYCHO-PASS(上) which I ordered in december finally showed up, and oh boy do I clearly hate myself. I just added 15 words from the 5 page prologue.

6 Likes

Ooooh I love psycho pass :smiley: maybe i should read the novel too some time… tell me if its good :wink:

1 Like

My copy just arrived! In less than a week, I’m actually impressed.

5 Likes

23 voters, 29 votes :joy: what did he took?

You know, you’re commenting on a poll from a year and a half ago. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also just received my copy of キノの旅 :slight_smile:

2 Likes