Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

Yes, me, sorry.
With the holidays I’m rarely home (mostly why I’m behind with all book clubs :sob:) but I’ll try to get it up soon.

4 Likes

Here we go. I couldn’t find where the Jan 11th date came from so I’ll have to confirm that. And apparently I can’t make it a wiki.

By the way @NicoleIsEnough I used the generator, but since we don’t have a schedule yet (and from what I gather it was needed) I just used the Kitchen one and then fixed it manually. Apart from that it worked pretty well, we’ll see how it goes for the weekly threads once we get to those.

5 Likes

I made a schedule for 15 weeks based on the breaks I posted before. Sadly I do not have access to it at the moment. I can try to make it again, though, it wasn’t too hard. Otherwise I can post it in ~30h.

Happy to hear you tried the generator!

No, the schedule is not needed, I just thought it makes the creation of the JSON file easier. But if you start from e.g. the Kitchen JSON file, like you said, and throw out all the weeks and adapt the other information, that’s totally fine. Once you have a schedule, you can run the config_generator with the schedule and the manually created JSON, and it should only update the JSON, not delete any existing information.

(it might still be wise to have a backup copy of the JSON, just in case :wink: )

Week 1: until 13 (8 pages)
Week 2: until 27
Week 3: until 40 (end of chapter)
Week 4: until 55
Week 5: until 72 (end of chapter)
Week 6: until 85 (end of chapter)
Week 7: until 97
Week 8: until 112
Week 9: until 126 (end of chapter)
Week 10: until 137
Week 11: until 152
Week 12: until 165
Week 13: until 175 (end of chapter)
Week 14: until 185
Week 15: until 200
Week 16: until 214 (end of book)

Hmm that’s a quick n dirty one, and it has one more week than expected. I guess it’s a bit more conservative than my original plan.
Edit: @Sylph details of the breaks are in the message I am replying to.

4 Likes

I like your schedule. I also tried to make one, but with faster pace. Here’s mine:
Week 1: until 22
Week 2: until 40
Week 3: until 57
Week 4: until 72
Week 5: until 91
Week 6: until 110
Week 7: until 126
Week 8: until 142
Week 9: until 160
Week 10: until 175
Week 11: until 194
Week 12: until 214

There is also an option to start slow and then increase the speed if people think that is reasonable.

2 Likes

Now that the bright shiny new year has begun, shall we put plans into motion? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

hyakuninisshu order

Ready whenever that gets here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That would be great! I’m also planning to order it soon (sadly haven’t had any luck finding it at book off…)
How should we proceed? I guess we could make a single discussion thread with link to the first post different weeks like the yotsuba club?

4 Likes

百スレッド一首, of course. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I didn’t know this was happening and now I’m excited.

Edit: I just checked and of course it’s sold out :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

That date came from this poll:

5 Likes

Amazon at least still has it though, if this is the one you’re talking about? They ship overseas too~

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that one… doesn’t deliver to the UK because all of them are used :sob:

There are also new ones though:

(they are even cheaper than the used ones ^^)

But I did not check whether they ship to the UK…

They don’t ship used items to the UK at all? I’ve also found some that don’t ship to Germany, but some of them do. :open_mouth: I just assumed if it shipped to Germany, it’d ship elsewhere too, sorry. :disappointed:

Thanks!
I even voted on it :cry: Why is my memory so bad?

2 Likes

By the way I made a poll to decide on the schedule for 氷菓 here:

1 Like

Yeah I saw those, was super happy for like 2 minutes until checkout failed :sweat_smile:

To be fair, I didn’t check all of them, but I went with one, got through to checkout and it said they don’t ship and when I went back to the main item page, it said none of the options ships to the UK currently (which is really annoying) :sob:

1 Like

This one might be a bit more expensive with shipping, I haven’t used them enough to say. And, ah, of course I don’t know if they ship to the UK either. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes