Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

I got that free copy too, but I never transferred my ebookjapan account to the new website so it’s probably gone by now.

Looks like there will be an extra poll :eyes:

1 Like

Yep, but I don’t have time to set it up just now. Today, though.

Alright, tie-breaking poll!
(Note: I won’t be policing anything, but please refrain from voting if you do not intend to join afterwards)

I broke it in two parts:
Which book do you most want to read: (You do not have to vote if you like them all; if you like only two, well, think harder)

• Your Name
  • キッチン
  • 氷菓

0 voters

Which books would you be fine reading along with the book club? (I.e. even if it isn’t your first pick, you still plan to buy it and read with us)

• Your Name
  • キッチン
  • 氷菓

0 voters

7 Likes

It looks like you can still transfer if you go to the old website.

2 Likes

This is me every time I post a new コンビニ thread

7 Likes

@catbus Sorry, I misremembered who was in third place :sweat_smile: Should be fine now.

1 Like

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
But you all have made me used to not having to chooooosseee

5 Likes

Haha, no problem! At least it makes my choice simpler. :smile:

1 Like

This is hilarious :slight_smile:

Nobody wants to read “the winner” and we might even have another poll after this one if the two others keep being a tie :rofl:

7 Likes

While I wouldn’t mind reading Hyouka, I’m just gonna drop a vote for Kitchen because I think literature books are more likely to encourage meaningful discussion, compared to other genres. Just my two cents

7 Likes

Your Name continues to be a meme I guess? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve gone ahead and bought Kitchen since I already own Hyouka (haven’t read it yet though).

6 Likes

Well, the second poll is meant as a tie breaker for the tie breaker. So right now 氷菓 is winning.

Well, it’s only been an hour or so, so I feel it a bit early to say that :sweat_smile: That would be hilarious though.

5 Likes

Mystery is likely to encourage discussion in the way of speculation, tho.

5 Likes

Plus, literature is for losers :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:cry:

10 Likes

It’s okay if you’re a loser, though. Be proud of it

7 Likes

Definitely agree. That’s why I’m down to read Hyouka but not too big on your name

2 Likes

You don’t like the mystery and discussion that will surround a book that most people already know the story for?

7 Likes

The real mystery is why you’d wanna read a 200 page story when you could watch a 2 hour movie :upside_down_face:

3 Likes