Interesting Experience

I am so happy that you shared that.
Almost like a dream!

2 Likes

Jeep-kun :joy::heart:

This is one of the reasons why I tell people to just have a single iTalki/online lesson. No need to follow up with the classes at all. Just 1 lesson for 30 minutes. Before it starts, you’ll be nervous af. After it ends, you’ll be wanting to jump nonstop like crazy :slight_smile: After those 30 minutes, people totally discover a new world they had within them.

2 Likes

Agreed! I still can’t believe it happened :laughing: I hope my experience can encourage others to step out of their comfort zones too :purple_heart: ^^

Yes to all of the above — I was a bit nervous when I initially heard them speaking because I immediately knew I wanted to say something, but then once the conversation started going the nervousness was completely overcome by the excitement ^^ it’s very worth trying c:

2 Likes

Oh my god that’s so cool! Congratulations @MissMisc! :heart:

I like popping over VRChat and trying to talk with people there. I don’t live in Japan or got close japanese friends save for my teacher, so VRChat is the next best thing. People are usually very friendly over there, and there are many japanese people trying to practice their english, so it’s a nice little language exchange.

This so much. As one of the people that inspired me to learn japanese said, "You never really know how far being flexible can take you until you give the nuance of “communism” with words like “red” and “everyone”."

1 Like

Wait what? We don’t get a Japanese Degree? I am going to drop WK right now…

2 Likes

I hearted it and now I will read it. Priorities. :turtle: :kazakhstan::ice_skate::izakaya_lantern::sri_lanka:

Edit (after reading): Oh wow, that is awesome, Misc! It is such a cool experience when things just click.

Also, been a while. I almost made an I miss Misc thread…but then I remembered that Aesop’s fable with the chimichanga and the escalator and decided to leave it for another day.

3 Likes

Thanks Tama! :green_heart::turtle: I miss you t-

com-resize%20(4)

1 Like

That’s such a great experience! I think anyone struggling to get out of their comfort zone will love to read how life can just put you out there and all your hard work, no matter the stage you’re at, will feel well beyond worth it. :blush: So thank you for sharing that :heart: I’m so happy you got to have such a cool experience! And I feel a little bit more motivated myself now that I can dream about it eventually happening to me to. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, exactly this! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had hypothetical conversations with myself in hopes of one day it actually happening :see_no_evil:

Thank you, I hope it does for you too :blue_heart: ^^

1 Like

This is inspiring, I’m at level 21 and having lots of troubles forgetting words in Wanikani and Kaniwani, I guess I’ll need to dedicate more time studying Japanese.

1 Like

as always I’m so proud of you and you are so gorgeous MM

1 Like

23CF5F22-390A-47B8-A35F-EBEC238AF06F

1 Like

sorry for the awkward comment above. It wasn’t me

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the words used were “salad” and “everyone” if it’s who I am thinking of.

:wink:

1 Like

I just went to rewatch the video just to make sure.

It was indeed salad rather than everyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is what I want! This is one of my three Japanese learning goals- have a reasonable conversation with someone I met in a bar (or a similar situation). The other two are to understand a tv show and to read a magazine.

1 Like

Those are great goals!

Similarly, whenever I finally visit Japan, I’d like to go to an izakaya and try to have cool conversations with natives :grin:

P.S. I see you’re new here,

Hope you enjoy your stay with us :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.