Installing Wanikani Open Framework

All of my scripts are now updated. It may take some time for other scripters to update their scripts as well.

Question, though: Were you being redirected more than just once? Theoretically, it should only happen the first time you install a Framework-based script, or the first time a non-framework script upgrades to being framework-based.
After that you shouldn’t have encountered the redirect anymore.

1 Like

Updated Level Duration and Expected Daily

1 Like

I was being redirected every time i went on WaniKani’s homepage. I ended up typing /review. I haven’t installed anything new, they were installed months ago.

One of your existing scripts was updated to use the Open Framework. The redirect will stop once you install the framework according to the instructions, or downgrade any scripts that started using the framework (though many scripts were upgraded for the sake of upgrading to APIv2 since APIv1 will eventually be obsolete).

1 Like

Yeah, but what I’d hoped for is an “ignore for now button.” Right now i can’t use WaniKani unless i update, which i don’t want to do yet.

As of earlier today, all of my scripts are updated with ability to cancel the redirect.
…though you’ll be asked every time you visit the page, unless you decide to disable the upgraded scripts.

1 Like

I am still redirected to this thread.
I’m using chrome (Not sure which version or how you can see that.)
And I have TamperMonkey version 4.6.
Not seeing any errors on the Javascript tab. Hope you can help me further.

Open framework needs to be loaded before any other script, otherwise it’s as if it doesn’t exist.

@rfindley, have you considered using a custom event to trigger framework dependent scripts to start?

Yeah, I considered using an event, and decided in favor of script order for a number of reasons. The biggest reason was actually support. When someone’s script isn’t working as expected, the number of possible causes indicated by the evidence is greatly reduced.

It’s actually surprising how well it has worked in that regard so far. We had thousands of people switch over in a week’s time, with only a small handful of questions.

1 Like

should i be reading this thread every few days though???

Are you saying you’re being redirected every few days?

yeah, i think the same as aristeus… everything is up to date, but i keep getting redirected, i guess i can try turning everything off, turning on this script first somehow?

ok, it’s working again once i refreshed the page (i really don’t know what’s going on)

Do you remember which script (that uses the Framework) is redirecting you? It should say in the pop-up message.
And did it offer you a chance to cancel the redirect?

oh i didn’t notice
but it did actually ask if i wanted to be redirected here or not… maybe i should’ve suggested not haha
(from memory it was the ultimate timeline actually, because that’s the only script running on the WK homepage)

Just to clarify, the only times it should ever redirect you are:

• When you first install a script that uses the Framework, and you haven’t yet (properly) installed the Framework. Theoretically, this should only ever happen once.

• When any of your Framework-based scripts upgrade, and the newer version says it also needs you to upgrade your version of the Framework. This could happen occasionally, but it shouldn’t be very often because almost no script changes require a new version of framework. And it doesn’t sound like this is the redirect you are encountering, because this one redirects you to the Framework update page on Greasyfork.org, not here to this thread.

I’m not saying there’s not a bug that causes you to redirect more often… but if so, I haven’t heard about it yet, so I definitely need feedback like yours. So, thanks for that!

1 Like

I’m having an issue right now. Every time I refresh it (Ultimate Timeline) asks me to install the framework. I do so, then it works once, next time it asks again.

Edit: Disabling and re-enabling the script in TamperMonkey also makes it work again.

Could you post a snapshot of you TamperMonkey scripts window? (i.e. the TamperMonkey ‘Dashboard’)

Sure thing. I’m also using Opera 53.0.2907.68 for what it’s worth. (I’ve just tried opening WK and it’s asking for the framework again)

Ok… as I guessed, the issue is script order. The instructions in the top post tell you how to set the order of your scripts. Open Framework needs to be the first one in the list. It’s currently #9.

• Click the ‘#’ column header to sort your scripts by number (with 1 being first). A ‘Sort’ column will then appear on the right.
  • Use the ‘Sort’ column to drag Open Framework to the #1 spot.
1 Like