I'm starting to miss the old mnemonics

As far as I‘m aware you only can toggle the old mnemonics for stuff you have already unlocked. It dosen‘t really help, if you have mnemonics with charlie sheen until some point and suddenly all mnemonics for the same pronunciation change to sheep.

I know! There is a picture in your head of these specific mnemonics and that is why they work!

I was extremely confused when the saber showed up and wondered where Hard Gay disappeared all of a sudden. Oh well, nothing lasts forever :man_shrugging:

I mean, there were a lot of people complaining about these two things before the change so I think this way more people are happy. If you don’t know who these people are (and more and more people don’t, not everyone lives in the USA/western world) then those mnemonics just sucked.

Just think of a sheep but it’s actually Charlie Sheen who took a sheep potion. Like his head is still kinda the same but also all he can say is baah. Maybe photoshop this for maximum efficiency. Also: picture Hard Gay as the person wielding the saber.

5 Likes

You could always replace “sheep” with “Death”. Imagining your older sister walking around the city with Death is probably more memorable.

I, however, prefer sheep… Who is more memorable than I?

Yeah, I agree and I totally understand why they would be changed as Wanikani’s audience grows. But me, a selfish american, still really wishes things were the way that I liked them to be.
this is espectially because things like sabers have synonyms and sometimes i’ll be like “oh crap wait its the sword thing…tou? is it tou? WRONG” people don’t have synonyms. So I just use the “reading comments” section to make up my own every time I see those new object-based mnemonics. would be nice if there were a script that lets you replace the descriptions that show up with your own.

Yeah, I came back after a break of 2 years and got kind of disappointed that some of the wackiest stuff got changed, their ridiculousness did help a lot in memorizing! But hey, at least the geoducks are still there. :relieved:

2 Likes

That doesn’t work for all the mnemonics. Just the “Fabled mnemonics overhaul”. When I go into the new ones they keep changing, that option isn’t there.

yup…been in leech hell forever…the pneumonics don’t stick…they need a toggle or something for more vivid / offensive / x-rated version or something…it wouldn’t be PC but I probably wouldn’t be stuck in this do loop I’ve been in for weeks.

There are those that say make your own…great for one or two…but for 8000 items…then there would be no point to even pay for wk…I realize not all of them will work for everyone, but geez the solution isn’t to reinvent the wheel…

and for the love of sama dynamic srs (ghost reviews … something!!!) please!!!

Just remember that charlie sheen is now always acting as a sheep and wears a sheep costume all day long… associate him with sheeps and you are fine again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.