I'm slow at finishing levels... Maybe learning

Thank you for posting this. You are definitely not alone in being slow to finish levels and learn. I often see a lot of posts where people level up super quickly with astonishing accuracy, but that`s not been my experience using WaniKani.

I go fairly slow with a decent amount of accuracy. The more important thing for me is noticing how WaniKani has dramatically improved lots of aspects of my Japanese. It`s not necessarily helpful to compare your WK learning speed with others as long as you are finding it to be a good learning tool.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with slow. According to wkstats, I just spent 307 days and 15 hours on level three. Go at your own speed, there’s no prize for burning yourself out.

3 Likes

I’m also a slow learner myself … sometimes I feel overwhelmed by people doing all the kanjis and vocabulary perfect score in a year or less … but then I remember running marathons.

Of course, there is people running the 42km in barely 2 hours, but everybody that finishes is a winner. Even if it take you 20 hours you deserve the “finisher” shirt.

So, it’s not about fast or slow pace, it’s about being a finisher. Keep going and if you walk an step after another, you will be a finisher, you will make the cake, the level 60 post … and you will be a hero :wink:

My plan is to end wanikani in 5-6 years … I expect to do a level per month. But, of course, frustation depends on what were your expectatives. So, you can study more, use scripts and all that things … or you can lower your expectatives and focus on keep going to the end not burning out yourself.

Best wishes! I’ll see you on the finish line!

3 Likes

I am just about to celebrate my first WK birthday and I am very happy to be slow. If I went fast I would not remember as much and get more wrong.
I will get there in the end!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.