I'm hitting a roadblock and it feels bad

What kind of cards are you making when you’re doing J-J anki practice?

Just the word on the front, the definition on the back.
Like: 続行 / 途中で中止しないで,続けて行うこと。

I guess you can make it with a context sentence or whatnot, but I found it to be too much time consuming.

Yeh I use context sentences to test new information but it can be a time drain finding a useful sentence. How are strict with yourself when it comes to recall?

That’s the tricky part. Not too strict usually, I’m ok with just remembering the general idea of the word, like if I used a translation (as long as some important nuance is not lost). For the example I gave you, just remembering 続けて行うこと is perfectly fine for me.

The way I see it, it’s more about getting some exposure on uncommon words, more than learning their definition by heart.

1 Like

My problem is that I learn words and then forget them. Same with Kanji. A constant battle to keep the vocabulary I have as well as adding new words.

Or perhaps I’m the only one who comes across words that I don’t think I know, look them up and kick myself!

I assume that if I keep grinding away that it will improve. Although I hope I don’t run out of years or memory cells first!!

1 Like

I wish all spoken Japanese was like that. I might understand it if it were!

Thanks for the link.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.