I'm gonna end these Kana threads once and for all!

A WK user sees 127 Kana vocab threads. He gets flustered by the Kana vocab addition as he replies, and says, “THAT’S IT! I’m gonna make the one Kana vocab thread to end all of the Kana vocab threads! WK will stop once I make my thread!”

There are now 128 Kana vocab threads. It’s also Wednesday and he now has 15 more kana vocab in his lesson queue.

27 Likes

You’re deliberately invoking xkcd, I assume?

26 Likes

As I mentioned in another of this threads.

Still not enough complains though.

6 Likes

Yes! Lol someone did this comic but for Linux Distros, so I thought I would apply the same logic to the Kana vocab. lol

7 Likes

Enough with the kana vocab threads.

I’m going to start making hangul vocab threads. I will not rest until I have 린거, 아나다, and 건니지와 in my review sessions.

14 Likes

Speaking of which new newsletter email just dropped:

I’m completely indifferent to the updates but good to know the team isn’t just completely ignoring everyone.

12 Likes

They have been “working on it” for how long exactly? I am not holding my breath. Writing 2 sentences in an e-mail not actually delivering any information is well, just that. Two sentences. Prove me wrong Wanikani and I shall believe in you again!

Until then, userscript to get a review summary, adding “optout” to every single kana vocab to get done with them in 1 sec per item and thinking about the good old days when I just studied here, undisturbed.

13 Likes

Sounds to me like “Yakuza walks into a bar…” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What exactly are they supposed to say then?

If they say nothing at all people will complain that they get ignored.
If they give a date and, as it is often the case in software development, the feature gets delayed people will be pissed and complain that they shouldn’t have given a date.
If they don’t give a date but say that it’s WIP people complain that it is taking forever and they want a release date.

No matter what they say, someone is always going to be unsatisfied.

12 Likes

say this reminds me of a comic. @Belthazar you know the one

1 Like

Do you mean this one?

8 Likes

YEP.
Absolute classic of the last few months of the WK forums.

3 Likes

That’s true. I agree, that having said something at the end of the e-mail is much better, than not saying anything at all. I understand if they don’t have a date yet, as you’ve said, if it’s delayed then it will be another mess.

What I personally would like to read after all these “working on it” messages, is some more concrete information. Working on it and haven’t forgotten it yet is okay, but for me it feels too vague after all this time. I would love to read a more in detail explanation even, or attend a Q&A where they could talk about what is causing the delay.

What I mean to say I guess, is that I crave more transparency, a more direct communication with the paying user-base. I should’ve made that clear in my first comment.

11 Likes

@WaniTsunami see, if this was JIRA or GitHub, you would now close all the other threads as duplicates :wink:

4 Likes

Hopefully they’ll add a feature you let us opt out of kanji and study kana vocabulary only

4 Likes

Why stop there? Just let me opt out of the Japanese and study English with mnemonics for kanji, but no kanji.

4 Likes

Hey, that could be a way for people to get as much Mrs. Chou as they want without all of the troublesome squiggly lines :thinking:

2 Likes

Clearly, WaniKani should introduce a mode where it doesn’t actually teach you any Japanese but allows you to complain endlessly to another user who is actually learning and just wants to study in peace

6 Likes

They could extend the chat feature to support this. That would be amazing

1 Like

At this point I think the only true solution is to attack the problem at its source: let’s petition for language reform that removes all kana words.

4 Likes