If Thanos eliminated 50% of all kanji, which kanji do you want to see gone?

It only took me five times to recognise the difference… oops

2 Likes

All the kanji after level 30. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

One finger snip and boooom, I’m done with WaniKani! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Then I can remove the ones below 30, and wanikani will no longer exist at all!

Or I could just get rid of most not on wanikani, and turn wanikani into the ultimate kanji learning tool in the process!

Or I could get rid of the easiest 50%, and make things unnecessarily hard for everyone…

I think I’ll go with that one

Or I could try to delete as many Kanji as possible that don’t look similar to any other Kanji

3 Likes

Either 遠 or 速. I keep mixing them up :frowning:

6 Likes

Actually OK with keeping all the kanji, but can we get rid of half the READINGS? One reading per kanji! Onyomi, Kunyomi - I don’t care. Pick a side!

28 Likes

Argh. Yeah, those four look-alikes drive me up the wall. I’d add 未 and 末 for good measure.

10 Likes

相. I keep mixing it up with 組 ;n; I’ve never once gotten it out of apprentice.

5 Likes

I don’t want any kanji gone.
In fact, I think that some new kanji would be useful - for katakana only words. To be honest, I don’t really like katakana-only words, because I see them as a missed opportunity to use kanji.
In other words, meow. :cat2:

11 Likes

制 and 刺 please!

I think even the infinity gauntlet would have trouble removing all the kanji leeches I have had forever melded into my apprentice pile.

4 Likes

あの公園が遠いので、速く走っても約束に遅れるはずです。
That park is far away, so even if you run fast, you will probably be late for your date.

Note that 園 and 遠 have the same radical (and the same on’yomi).
And 速 and 束 also have the same on’yomi.

6 Likes

I’m aware of all that, but I still get them wrong when meeting them in the wild almost every time XD

4 Likes

Context doesn’t help, then?

3 Likes

Not always :sob:

3 Likes

じゃあ、頑張ってね😅 Sorry, don’t have any further advice.

1 Like

omg i want 神 to disappear! even though you don’t learn all the readings in wanikani it can read kou, shin, ka, kami, and and more!!!

1 Like

Wait-wha? I thought @pragmata was Sauron???

1 Like

Yes, please, dear God…

2 Likes

writing ‘omg’ and then voting for 神 (gods) to disappear - isn’t that a contradiction? :smirk:

4 Likes

3 Likes

whoops, i guess… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like