Idea of a cool reward for non-lifetime plan users that reach level 60

But then they could just use the self-review script or something and be fine.

Well, based on other comments, I see I was not clear, but it still requires you to reach level 60. So, when you reach 60 and have already paid more than lifetime, you get lifetime.
If you think it would take more than two years to reach the finish line, the life time discount in December is a good deal. If you think you’ll take more than 3 years, then even the regular lifetime is good.

All WK data is already available without a subscription now, so I don’t think it changes much.

1 Like

They already did that a few months ago (last December if I remember correctly) :slight_smile: I think the number was 60 dollars or something. They only sent it by email to level 60 people that weren’t lifetime though.

But as other people have mentioned, it could backfire very easily… so it’s a matter of staying up to date with promotions/emailing them asking for some sort of promotion if you’re level 60 I guess :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

So you say with a lifetime account, not watching money bleed out of your bank account every month, though…

True…I guess I realized early on that I was going much slower than the 2000 kanji in a year pace…in fact I’ve been at this app for 5 years and still at lvl 24. And I was fortunate to have had the means to invest in a lifetime subscription at the time. I guess I was just trying to provide the motivation that I’d like when I get to lvl 60, if I ever make it that far and missed the original point of his post.

1 Like

Money bleed out of your bank account? I feel like you are exaggerating a bit there? it’s just $9 and many people have discounts anyways. No one is going broke by that amount of money. If anyone feels like they are paying more than what they are recieving they should cancel. But I mean you can afford it by skipping some coffee a month.
Someone already mentioned that the WK team is open to those kind of requests from lvl 60s. That’s the solution they have in place for now, on case by case basis

1 Like

I just want my Crabigator t-shirt…

12 Likes

I suppose you could always make one. Just take some iron-on silicon letters and stick them to any old shirt. “I learned 2000+ kanji in just over a year and I didn’t even get this lousy t-shirt” comes to mind… (Or just paint 鰐 on the front and 蟹 on the back in enormous calligraphy. (Actually, don’t do that. I wanna do that now.))

7 Likes

it’s just $9 and many people have discounts anyways. No one is going broke by that amount of money.

To be fair, some people live in countries where there is a significant difference in currency value, so $9 ends up being way more money than it would be to someone in the US or UK, for example. There have been members on the forums who have talked about the fact that they really want to use WK, but they just can’t afford it no matter what they do, based on currency differences or their country’s economic situation.

7 Likes

Ah so you’ll pay it for me? Thank you so much

4 Likes

To also be fair, offering a different price structure per country basically opens the door for people to use a VPN, for example, and take WK for all they’re worth. A really sticky problem to solve.

Perhaps WK could offer scholarships that are funded by other members? Put in a buck a month for someone who can’t afford it to use it?

2 Likes

Oh, I wasn’t suggesting they offer different prices depending on country or anything like that, I was just countering the original claim that no one would have a hard time paying $9 a month. But that scholarship idea actually sounds pretty good.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.