[iOS] Mobile AlliCrab for WaniKani

The Mobile AlliCrab app is no longer functional and unavailable from the App Store.

Source is still available on GitHub: GitHub - cplaverty/KeitaiWaniKani: Third-party WaniKani companion iOS app

23 Likes

I would love too! Ā Not sure what is going on with the original app if itā€™s going to be re-released in the app store but I sure miss my notifications. Ā I miss them greatlyā€¦ Ā  Ā I sent you an email btw so thanks for doing this!

I would love too! Ā Not sure what is going on with the original app if itā€™s going to be re-released in the app store but I sure miss my notifications. Ā I miss them greatlyā€¦ Ā  Ā I sent you an email btw so thanks for doing this!

1 Like

This sounds positively tantalizing. Ā Would love to this come to fruition. Ā Will send an e-mail.

That sounds great! Iā€™m switching to iOS in a few days, so Iā€™ll send you an email after Sunday :slight_smile:

I would be curious to see a screenshot of the review timeline and today widget.

Pitcherrutledge@gmail.comĀ 

If you add a Sound when a notification comes,also have a speed mode, access to the forums with a button, then youā€™d have a superior app to the other one.Ā 
I hope you guys compete to have the best app out thereĀ 

Iā€™ve sent out invites to those that have mailed me, so if you havenā€™t received your invites check your spam folder.

kfdm saidā€¦
I would be curious to see a screenshot of the review timeline and today widget.

I added the screenshots that I made for the App Store page.  I donā€™t have any of the today widget, but Iā€™ll do one when I get the chance.

Sounds pretty cool, Iā€™m also testing the other iOS app, not sure you guys are in contact, but may be beneficial for you to see how to join forces. My email is yoshindustry@gmail.com :slight_smile:

That review timeline is really cool! I did something (though much simpler) for my own use but I like your version of it. One problem Iā€™ve noticed in my own version, is that certain queries timeout when youā€™re at the higher levels. Have you tested with that at all ?

kfdm said... That review timeline is really cool! I did something (though much simpler) for my own use but I like your version of it. One problem I've noticed in my own version, is that certain queries timeout when you're at the higher levels. Have you tested with that at all ?
No, I hadn't finished the review timeline before I had my level reset. I have a unit test that simulates fetching the timeline with the items up to level 20, but since that runs on my iMac it's very fast. ;) The device simulators don't replicate the performance of the device. I am very interested in how it performs at higher levels. 

Would love to give a try.Ā 

haawaplus@gmail.com

Looks great so far. Iā€™d be interested in helping to test. Will send you an email shortly.

Awesome! I canā€™t be a tester, but Iā€™m really looking forward to the release!

Works greatļ¼I really like the interface and upcoming review timeline (really neat idea). Ā The ignore button has already proven a handy accessory and something I have longed for.Ā  However, if I do not go straight into reviews or lessons the app crashes trying to load/download/parse my vocab/kanji/radical data. Ā  I am not sure if this is due to my level or some things that still need to be ironed out. Ā Nonetheless, great app. Ā Keep up the good work.

cplaverty said...
kfdm said... That review timeline is really cool! I did something (though much simpler) for my own use but I like your version of it. One problem I've noticed in my own version, is that certain queries timeout when you're at the higher levels. Have you tested with that at all ?
No, I hadn't finished the review timeline before I had my level reset. I have a unit test that simulates fetching the timeline with the items up to level 20, but since that runs on my iMac it's very fast. ;) The device simulators don't replicate the performance of the device. I am very interested in how it performs at higher levels. 
 Are you fetching each level individually or using
https://www.wanikani.com/api/user/<api>/{radicals,kanji,vocabulary}/
without a level to fetch everything. Fetching without a level (to get the whole list) worked fine for me for a while, but once I got around 35 or so, the vocabulary query would timeout fairly often.

Sounds awesome! Iā€™d love to help you test this :slight_smile: irmoony@gmail.com

The review timeline ā€œNowā€ feature doesnā€™t seem to give sensible numbers for me. Ā It looks like the total of burned items might beĀ returned there since the number is in the thousands for me. Ā I can provide additional detail if need be.

Otherwise, looking good! Ā The ignore script is something iOS users have lacked up until now, so thatā€™s a huge win.

pushindawood said... Works greatļ¼I really like the interface and upcoming review timeline (really neat idea).  The ignore button has already proven a handy accessory and something I have longed for.  However, if I do not go straight into reviews or lessons the app crashes trying to load/download/parse my vocab/kanji/radical data.   I am not sure if this is due to my level or some things that still need to be ironed out.  Nonetheless, great app.  Keep up the good work.
I'll have a look at the crash report to see what's going on.  Once you've done reviews and return to the dashboard, does the app still crash?  Or does the data load okay?  Hopefully I'll have a crash report when I get home, so will take a look tonight.

kfdm said... Are you fetching each level individually or using
https://www.wanikani.com/api/user//{radicals,kanji,vocabulary}/
without a level to fetch everything. Fetching without a level (to get the whole list) worked fine for me for a while, but once I got around 35 or so, the vocabulary query would timeout fairly often.
I am fetching the whole lot at once as I was trying to minimise the number of hits to the API.  Will split this into multiple requests for the next version (and hope this fixes the crash that pushindawood is seeing).

lsh3rd said... The review timeline "Now" feature doesn't seem to give sensible numbers for me.  It looks like the total of burned items might be returned there since the number is in the thousands for me.  I can provide additional detail if need be.

Otherwise, looking good!  The ignore script is something iOS users have lacked up until now, so that's a huge win.
Yes, it will be showing burned items because I forgot to filter them out.  WIll get this fixed.

Iā€™ve sent through some invites for those that have requested up to now. Ā Thanks everyone for your feedback, itā€™s really appreciated!