I was having a real bad day, and then i got my first burn!

just a down in the dumps kinda day, but i just got my first burns on some radicals! i had forgotten that i installed the super burn happy script a few months ago so here i am feeling sad doing my reviews when suddenly confetti cascades down my screen and WK is cheering for me. It was pretty startling but it seriously made my day! just wanted to share :slight_smile:

61 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:
Congrats! I’m currently impatiently anticipating burns and you beat me to the flaming durtle :slight_smile:
Also, it’s kind of creepy that the Crabigator has impacted your emotions in a major way. He controls you

7 Likes

he really does! now i’m just waiting for a personal, hand-written letter from Koichi telling me what a great job I’m doing, signed with a heart. is there a freudian complex to describe one’s need for koichi’s approval?
well if you’re at level 10 and haven’t gotten a burn yet, that probably means you’re moving up through the levels faster than i am
 and what that means is you won’t just get just a tiny handful of burns at a time (i only got 4 today), you’ll probably get a blazing meteor shower of flaming durtles all at once :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: the Crabigator believes in you, keep on working at it!

10 Likes

Thanks and 31, according to the almighty WK heatmap (thanks @Kumirei). That’s gonna be a fun day. Duck and cover. And there certainly is a complex. I call it cult syndrome, and it will be the death of me (If desire for the yellow rodent durtle doesn’t kill me first)

@koichi I want that letter the second I make my first burn. No excuses.

6 Likes

Needing Koichi’s approval is just a sign that you’ve become one of us.

17 Likes

7 Likes

That’s awesome! Made your day I bet! I used to have that script before my scripts disappeared. It used to really scare the crap out of me when my sound was on. Then, after the scare I was super excited. I’m happy that was your first time! What was your first :fire:?

5 Likes

Congrats! :partying_face: Even if I fail everything else, seeing a sweet 100% on a review makes me feel like I actually know stuff, lol.
Now burn all those other turtles, too! :turtle: :fire:

6 Likes

Congrats on that burn!

2 Likes

high five
Nice @catmax423! First burn feels good ain’t it? Keep doing reviews and you’ll be golden 60 in no time! All the best!

2 Likes

ohh WK heatmap sounds interesting
 i absolutely love the people who have written scripts for this site! 31 isn’t terrible, you got it
 maybe with just a few minor scrapes and bruises. hahaha oh god you’re right
 i’m pretty sure my mom always thought i’d join a cult one day. MAAAA! IT HAPPENED!!

1 Like

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
it feels GREAT!

1 Like

i recently learned the kanji 配 and the mnemonic to remember it is a haiku
“Here you go my friends
Alcohol for everyone
Never drink alone”
and now i’m pretty sure that’s what the WK cult uses to find each other in public spaces

3 Likes

Scriptmakers are gods and should be worshipped.

2 Likes

Ah, cults. I think people in their completely right minds don’t start learning japanese in the first place :wink: so finding fellow cultees should be no problem already. But alcohol certainly helps.

1 Like

oh it changed my whole mood. you ever shared a really great laugh with yourself? yeah. it was just the drop, barb, fins, and slide radicals. i think i might have a few more coming up later today and i’m SUPER excited to squeal and wave my hands about with the WK cheer and confetti.
plus, after the radicals come the kanji, and then the vocab! what were your first burns?
it really startled me! it reminded me of back in 2002 when you’re awake at 2am playing the sims, everyone in the house asleep, and then suddenly you’re reminded you’re still signed into AIM by the jarring door slam sound it made when someone signed out

2 Likes

it’s so true! some days my greatest accomplishment is hatching a few turtles, which in my opinion is a great accomplishment. look at all of us, learning an incredibly hard and beautiful language FOR FUN
right back at you, may your path glow by the light of a thousand flaming durtles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It’s actually a lot less romantic and a lot more painful than it sounds.

6 Likes

My first Burn was ć„ł. I didn’t have the script back then though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i am so happy that you took the time to do that. it’s beautiful :') one who has seen THE EYE

3 Likes