I think I may be in danger

I know I was just joking :wink: at the end I hope not to be stuck in a SRS loop, when I go to Japan argh, but I know the dark reality. :sob:

1 Like

I think the instant review feedback, plus the belief that you won’t need to endure this masochistic torture forever (Personally hoping to quit bunpro once I finish adding N3 content), makes SRS truly addicting from a psychological standpoint. It’s like a never ending game of whack-a-mole.

2 Likes

It doesn’t feel that masochistic to me idk. Although it is repetitive, idk it feels fun ?

I have the goal of going to live in Japan next year if the Mr Suga decide to open the border for vaccinated folks.

2 Likes

There are worse things to be addicted to, I guess. But you can get addicted to good things in an arguably negative way. Case study, gym rats.

1 Like

Yeah, they aren’t issuing worker or student visas indefinitely right? What pct do you think vaccinations will need to reach for that to be a reality?

Since covid, I haven’t been back to the gym. But I used to be a gym addict too :sweat_smile:

Although those are my current worse addiction. I don take drugs or alcohol no more. WAITING FOR THE GYM TO REOPEN !!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

As a matter of fact, I am also job searching in japan right now, so we should be friends if this is a mutual interest of ours.

I don’t know, although I read that they are expecting over 100 millions pzfier shot between may and june. So I expect the vaccination to get quicker in there. They just lacked the tools, but I think the japanese will be fast when they receive all the required material. I hope before this fall for students, but if we are lucky it should be available for January 2022 (when I want to go :smiley: )

At my local consulate here in Montreal, it is not possible to apply for any visa atm. I want to go for a WHV visa if possible. (I have qualifications, but I am not looking for a sponsorship, for plainly just working in Japan, but rather to feel free to move around << if my experience is what I want to follow >> maybe stay )

Me too. I’m planning to move in January 2022 as my final
co-op for University! Every year a few students from my school manage to snag a job at some foreigner-friendly companies (Edit: none last year for obvious reasons). Are you planning your move independently or through a similar program?

Independent, I have saved 20k for this. Work holiday visa all the way. I dont have any programs and I am not studying atm. I have searched for share houses ,etc. But Im waiting for Japan to reopen their freaking border :smiley:

https://www.montreal.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/en/consular/workingholiday.html

I will have to do an interview I heard from others who have done the process.

Dang man. Good for you for really going all in on this. I gotta go but let’s keep in touch for things related to their visa policy, and I hope this works out for both of us.

1 Like

If you want info about moving to Japan etc. There is a community of young international expats >> https://pvtistes.net/le-pvt/japon/

Although it is in french, they have whole guide about how to settle in Japan etc. In france it is common for young folks to do a PVT (Permis vacance travail / french for Work Holiday Visa) after their years of study.

Here is an interesting guide (written in french by pvtistes.net about how to settle in Japan for a Work Holiday Visa. 200 pages. I do not own this Im just sharing it for Japan expat enthusiast. Support the original author)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uYb4XNBXlWeKD2AVPKXUyoHd3MmpNKtw/view?usp=sharing

(edit the link didnt work so I put it on google drive)

1 Like

Any guess on if they’ll open the border soon? Seems like things have been stirring up lately, but I wouldn’t expect them to open before october.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.