I need some advice on where to go from here

Knowing lots of kanji gives you a big advantage!
I would have loved to be able to do that when I started japanese :smiling_face_with_tear:

Your next step: Choose an app or japanese textbook and stick with it. Learning grammar will be extremely easy for you :grin:

My recommendation (as always) is Minna no Nihongo which gave me solid basic skills, but any other: Genki, Bunpro, Human japanese. All of those can do the trick.

1 Like

So, I started looking at a bunch of the recommendations here, save for textbooks as I can’t immediately access that, but it seems like resources claiming to be beginner is just far too easy for me.

Checking intermediate, it seems more where I’m supposed to be in grammar, it’s odd to think since I had no real education in grammar, but maybe I should have expected it. Even so, I know quite a few intermediate points as well, it makes me think “This can’t be right”.
I think I was just a bit frustrated that I couldn’t grasp grammatical elements that were meant for natives, but I really didn’t think of it that way at first. Honestly, what I’m coming to see from this, is that vocabulary is my weakest point.

As far as grammar goes, I think I’ll follow with Bunpro

And vocabulary, I think I’ll have to fully determine my grammatical capabilities before I decide, while I’m still reluctant to consider Anki, I think I just have to give it another shot if it comes to it, before that, I’ll see a little longer if I can get vocab in other ways

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.