I just reached level 17

I am so excited that i reached level 17. However i am so slow in the last 3 levels compared to the previous ones. This is because i made huge amount of mistakes.
I guess the next levels are much more difficult.
:scream:
頑張ります。

20 Likes

Congrats! That’s so exciting. Do you find that reading japanese has gotten easier?

3 Likes

Congrats! Slowing down is always a good idea. Enjoy the journey!

3 Likes

I cannot read a full sentence yet but i am able to recognize few kanji within each sentence.

3 Likes

Nicee! It motivates me to see others making progress. I’ll get there too :dancer:

4 Likes

Sure you will get there too.

What kind of content are you reading where you can’t read a full sentence at level 17? :thinking:

2 Likes

I try to read articles on yahoo japan about japanese drama.

1 Like

congrats!!!

1 Like

I’ve been on level 27 for nearly 10 months now :sweat_smile: I paused for 2 months with vacation mode and then started getting lots wrong after that, I’m only now starting to recover and get below 300 reviews due again… But yes the levels do slow down as you start getting lots of items to burn!

Good luck!

2 Likes

I see thank you very much. 頑張りましょう。

1 Like

Remember! The level you’re on is just a number! (Not unlike one’s age – I remember being 12 forever, while years 30-60 went by pretty fast…)

I’ve been on my Wanikani journey for (I think) 7 years. I just find it fascinating and fun.

I also find it frustrating and time consuming! (But that is fine)

When I burn (like I did this morning) a lesson from level 6 or so, I pick up my coffee cup in salute to the friend that I finally got! Yes, it has taken me that long to get some burned. But that is fine too!

Keep going!

4 Likes

Congratulations im excited for you we are all on this lifelong journey together and if you keep it up you will eventually reach the finish line and get a bite of that sweet sweet cake!!
ここからだぞ 頑張れ
I have been inspired time to go tackle my reviews again i neglected them and now they are at 3500 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

wow so inspiring. Thank you very much. I did not burn anything yet.

WOW you are in level 60. This is so inspiring for me. I hope i can reach this finish line.

You will start burning things soon. Stick with this!! Wani Kani is the best way of learning Japanese writing.

If you don’t mind my suggesting (I wish I took this advice years ago) start with bunrpo (grammar program similar to WK) now, if you haven’t already. And then start with a simple Manga or dual language book. I needed to have my memorization fortified with reading, and reading needs grammar.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the advice. I think i really need to work on grammar. But i am afraid if i started now that i will not work efficiently in wanikani.

1 Like

I just got to level 17! Wanikani is really really useful I think. I’m in Japan for the first time, visiting my partner’s family. He’s Japanese but moved to New Zealand when he was 6. His parents can’t believe how many kanji and weird words I know and it’s helping us to bond surprisingly a lot. Wanikani has helped me understand important information when getting around too, even though I still have a long way to go. My partner speaks great Japanese but can’t read - just now I was able to tell him the train was canceled because of heavy rain (by piecing together the kanji I could read on the board at the station)

6 Likes

Hate to ruin the numbers, but how fortuitous :relieved: