I just became a subscriber ! But I just saw a video that threw me a bit off

I agree with @xyzbuster.
Anything that could be said has been said to death in the 300 messages above.
Keeping this thread open can only bring more bad than good…

Uuh, can I be the last comment before closing this thread?

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I’ll learn 2000+ kanji
And my dreams will come true

7 Likes

No. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I love how people keep blaming the guy who responded to being snarked at.

Not the actually guy who was being rude and mean in the first place. But I am not supprised. That has also happened before :).

1 Like

@Syphus was harsh but correct (aka @Syphus being @Syphus).
I understand that people do not appreciate that kind of treatment, but @Okanekure’s reaction was the most inappropriate of the two. There are ways to reply to snark other than resorting directly to insults.

2 Likes

I agree that namecalling is never allowed.
But I do not agree with the fact that Sysphus his reaction was correct. I mean… it costs nothing to react normal. And like I said. This is not the first time he reacts rude. Some people do not know that reviving a topic, which Okanekure did not even do btw, is a no go.

Again… not a reason to behave like that. But people here do not seem to agree and think that kind of behavior is normal. And people who respond a bit incorrect to being bitched out by a stranger on the internet, for no reason, are evil.

1 Like

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Syphus has been around pretty much forever and though his manner is abrasive, I think many of us who’ve been here for a while just know to brush it off.

1 Like

“I just became a community member!
But I just read a conversation thread that threw me a bit off”

Nobody ever thinks of the children…

2 Likes

Just because everyone is used to it doesn’t mean it’s ok.
And that also doesn’t make it okay to berate people, who aren’t used to his mannerisms, when they call him out on it.

But I’ll stop talking about it. My point is made. :slight_smile:

5 Likes