I don't appreciate that WK is trying to teach me Japanese

For the html purists out there who are bothered by typing an invalid tag (even an invisible one):
< !-- text → makes a valid html comment, that also satisfies the 10-character requirement. You could probably also make it a keyboard shortcut, if you planned to do that a lot.

credit: @baka-cat I saw do it first
edit credit: @RysingDragon - I just learned something again!

3 Likes

???

???

???

Yes, this is a complete sentence.

1 Like

It’s kind of like a throb.

3 Likes

Know ewe

3 Likes

Pns are nfnny to some, bt to me they’re fnny bsiness.
(no u)

4 Likes

It isn’t important that WK is trying to teach me Japanese. What is important is that, if it were, it would be better without radicals.

What I want to know is, how many kanji do I need to know to be fluent?

3 Likes

6000 - anything under that and people will laugh at you. the japanese will say 上手 but they won’t mean 上手. that’s why wanikani is a total rip-off of course only teaching you a third of what you have to know. smh.

7 Likes

When Japanese say 上手 they actually mean 下手 because Japan is opposite land.

Knowing 2000 kanji puts you roughly on the level of a potato. Knowing 6000 gets you to the level of “mouth breather” according to the Japanese Ministry of Education and Literacy.

Knowing 10,000 will make you fluent enough to be called 下手, which I’m proud to say, people call me all the time.

18 Likes

at least they don’t call you 豚

下手、豚 they sound the same right?(This is a pun Laugh)

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.