How'd you get your sect name?

I believe it was a duck. I really enjoyed when the canoe was their only furniture, and they were paddling as the duck was on the outside. XD

Yeaaaaaah… I am forced to be more normal by my job. I’m still pretty wacky at home, and on stage when I improvise, though. Sometimes with friends… but not to that extent. (I’m 32… and a half.)

I also think it’s weird that the link isn’t appearing in your quote.

I did not delete the link intentionally, maybe links do not appear in quotes. Or maybe I did something wrong, it doesn’t sound unlikely.
What do you mean improvising on stage?! Do you perform drama acting or something like that?

Pretty sure all kinds of formatting is removed when quoting, it only grabs the plaintext and the media.

1 Like

Yep! Literal improv on stage.
Maybe because I’d done my link with HTML instead of markdown?! Weird though…
… Stupid Discourse.

Hmm… yeah… I think I remember going back to the original post to re-input the link within the quote on at least two occasions… hrmm…

Again I say: “Stupid Discourse.”

Oooh OK, that would indeed explain it. Thanks for enlightening us :slight_smile:

Wow, that’s a great hobby! I enjoy watching it as an audience, but I could not imagine performing it. I already do not feel at ease when I present something at some work meetings, I imagine acting on stage must be 1000 times more stressful! What kind of acting is literal improv? Improvising a comedy or a drama?

I haven’t got much experience with forums, but at least I find discourse way easier to use than the old WK forum.

I refuse to do this. Must maintain!

I remember asking my mom about 6 months ago if she though I was eccentric. She said no very fast. Then I read the definition to her. ((of a person or their behavior) unconventional and slightly strange) She did not hesitate. She was like, “oh yes, very much so.” So I guess I am accomplishing my goal.
(I’m 26)

2 Likes

Tell me about it. One day I’m picking up a 30 lb snapping turtle off a busy road, learning on the fly that they can bend their necks completely backward like a demon, while an old lady I’ve just teamed up with stops traffic. I put that snapper in a trash can and took it to the park…but deep down I knew what I really wanted to do was fill that trash can full of gasoline and light that demon turtle up.

Now I’m the youngest leader the Foot Clan has ever seen, burning turtles every day and I’m the happiest I’ve ever been!

Thanks for the pay grade :arrow_up: @koichi , you’re the best!

@alexbeldan and @SpicyDragon your loyalty will be remembered
@AnimeCanuck …watch yourself

4 Likes

I wish it were more than a “hobby” and would actually be my career and make enough money to live off of… usually I end up shelling out the dollars to perform… T_T

Personally, I find it less stressful. Public speaking= it’s me (can be daunting, depending on size of crowd and familiarity of content being presented, passion for the subject, etc.). Performing a song/singing = bearing my soul (the scariest, for me!) Acting = I’m a character (or multiple characters) (totally fun and easy-breezy!)

Oh, by that I meant improvising (generally anything). Both stuff you’d see on Whose Line, and Longform(s) which would just be 1 suggestion followed by 20 minutes of ??? random (often with a narrative that you can follow, often humourous) … things in between… Yep. Studied at Second City’s Conservatory and everything. sigh I really want to produce my Fantasy/Sci-Fi serial show… but I can’t find people on the same schedule as me…

1 Like

“Watch yourself”?! What are you doing, threatening me? Obviously with the “:Back to Hogwarts” tagline, you’re not even a Malfoy. You’re just a Slytherin 一年生.

3 Likes

maybe I’m teaching there, like “welcome back, Kotter”, that’s why i’m going back.

2 Likes

Sure, sure… just keep telling yourself that.

…or murdering wizards for the second time…although I don’t remember the first :confused:

whatevs I’m telling everyone my sect name is pronounced Shredder the second

4 Likes

So you’ve got amnesia… but we can put part of the blame on you for one of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers, since Hogwarts goes through them as quick as chocolate frogs.

2 Likes

You guys kill me heh, I’m surprised I haven’t ended up with one dealing with my apparent inability to remember when/how/why to rendaku.

1 Like

Then I hope you never change :wink: Life can become very “dull” sometimes, so it is good to still find some people who just do not want to fit in the mold!

Thanks!
\( ̄▽ ̄)/

Japanese helps. They love making so many odd, crazy things!

2 Likes

でしょう?

はい!

5 Likes