How was Wanikani made (5 years later)?

This question was posted in 2012, and I wanted to ask @viet or any of the other developers if there has been any change from what Viet mentioned in the 2012 thread: click here to go to the old post

Similar to the OP of the old post, I’m starting to work on a web app and I really appreciate the design and functionality of Wanikani. I’m curious if what we’re seeing on this current iteration of this amazing website has changed at all.

I’d be interested to see any additional info Viet wants to talk about. In the meantime:

From the bits of info I’ve read here and there, I think most of it is the same – at least as far as overall toolset, anyway. I know they’ve done some changes to the database tables, added some automation to scale the app(s) dynamically to account for site load changes, etc.

1 Like

I would love it if Viet and co. would consider doing some technical blog posts and postmortems. It’s a lot of fun to read about problems, changes, and why certain decisions were made. Considering API 2.0 is on the way it would be great to learn more about what’s going on behind the scenes *hint hint* *nudge nudge*

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.