How to even out number of reviews each day

I’m gonna be the debbie downer and say that I would be freaking thrilled to have 70 reviews a day.

I’m up to 140 per day at this point. If I forget to do wanikani over the weekend, I come back to 300+ reviews Monday morning. So, idk, maybe just do what you can and try not to freak out?

1 Like

Interesting. I used to use 1x1, might go back to it then. I do use modified Anki, as I said in the op, which speeds things up massively, but every little helps.

If I was on level 60, it would be a miracle so I wouldn’t care!

1 Like

Will look into this, cheers.

YOU CAN DO IT I BELIEVE IN YOU.

3 Likes

One more thing, use the BATCH option ( i dont know if you can change it) but it will keep all readings/translations in sets of 10 so it makes it efficient to do small bits here and there in a timely manner.

It is a really good way to stay motivated IMO because you can think of your Queu as only being 10 full anytime you want to do reviews.

If you hammer out 10, you may feel - ‘I can do another 10 no problem’

• or perhaps I can try to do 10 an hour? vs 100s per day
2 Likes

I LIKE YOU.

2 Likes

SAME, GIRLFRIEND.

No joke though, this made my day. Getting kindness from internet strangers is super validating.

1 Like

I agree with the batching thing. If I’ve got a load, and I’m not sure I can hammer them out in one sitting, 10 here and there is enough to whittle them away. As for evening them out, without other tools it’s really not going to happen unless you meticulously plan. Sometimes you’re just going to get stacked out by all your soon to be burns, enlightens, masters, gurus, and apprentices all at once. Then other days you’ll only get those apprentices again.

Personally, I kind of like the days where I get hit by all sorts of stuff, because it tosses a bunch onto the burn pile, and shows nice progress on a lot of older material. 10 at a time and it feels super doable.

I think it really helps to have a consistent lesson number as well as a consistent time in which you do your reviews.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m doing 5 a day regular now since I read various comments. I guess in the back of my mind I knew it was erratic because I’d do no lessons for days, and then do 15 in one go. I do them before my reviews to get them out of the way before I get fed up doing reviews and can’t be arsed.

2 Likes

I do them after my reviews but I also often “can’t be arsed” and then I don’t do any lessons.

I always thought that getting the reviews down to 0 is the most critical thing so I do that first. But I would probably still do it after doing lessons anyway… So your strategy does sound like a good idea. I’ll try it this way for a while.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.