How much extra do you pay on top of an annual subscription if you’re paying from the UK?

I’m looking forward to finally subscribing, but I can’t figure out what international fees I’d need to pay on top of an annual fee if I just used my debit card. I’ve seen some scary numbers pop up (£25!), but those seemed to be referring to buying things abroad, not online payments, so now I’m really confused.

I am not 100% sure of this but I’m tempted to say nothing. If I were to subscribe I would not even think about it.

1 Like

I think it’s bank dependant, but if you search your bank name and ‘foreign transaction fee’ you should hopefully get the answer specific to your situation. My bank charged a fee of 2.99% of the transaction value plus 50p when I subscribed. Paying by PayPal is an alternative that is offered as well, which is detailed here: Payment Methods | WaniKani Knowledge :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t recall being charged any extra. If your bank does, it shouldn’t be more than a few percent, so maybe £1-£2 on the subscription.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Turns out that one of my cards doesn’t add any extra fees, so I’ve just subscribed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.