How many words must you master before reaching enlightenment?

how many words must you master before reaching the enlightenment stage ? i just recently began and im now in level five, and although im in no hurry i was just curious about the average amount of kanji learnt at the master level that needs to be achieved before further revision starts tipping you into the enlightened level ?

1 Like

WK%20progress%20times

If you answer a word correct every time it comes back around for revisions, it will be upped to Enlightened status about 4 months after first learning it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

To add to what @Omun has said, it’s not about the number of kanji you learn, it’s about the time that has elapsed after correct answers. You could learn one kanji and nothing else, and if you answer it correctly every time you’ll get that particularl kanji to Enlightened in a few months.

5 Likes

I believe there’s a misreading of the chart

It takes 7 weeks, 5 days and 7 hours to reach Enlightened status
 then 4 months to reach the burned status

7 Likes

That chart is just confusing AF. I can’t decide which is the this-level-to-next-level time and which is cumulative total and the labels don’t help.

Edit: Or if it’s last-level-to-this-level

To be fair, I could probably puzzle it out, but good information design would help a lot.

2 Likes

‘Total Wait’ is the cumulative time to reach that level. ‘Next Level’ is the time needed to reach the next level.

So for example it takes 12 hours in total to get to Apprentice 2, and then it’s a 1 day wait until Apprentice 3. It takes 3 weeks, 3 days and 8 hours to reach Master, and then it’s 1 month until Enlightened.

It doesn’t really help that the ‘Next Level’ times are given as approximations while the ‘Total Wait’ times are given exactly.

2 Likes

And that one column switches to units of months, while the other stays in weeks. This chart is a mess, even if it is correct. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Because the one column is exact and can’t be expressed in months whereas the other one is there to give you a quick estimate.

3 Likes

Yeah, and that’s the most confusing thing about it. It’s backwards. The level-to-level is what is a known fact, and so could be exact. Guru 1 to Guru 2 is
 about one week? What do you mean “about”? Is it one week or not? Whereas, the total time to that level is going to depend somewhat on how long you waited after the review was available, how long it took you to review them, etc.

2 Likes

I agree it’s not intuitive

2 Likes

Everything after Apprentice 2 is an hour less than the shown time, hence “about”.

3 Likes

Is a month 4 weeks, 30 days, or same date next calendar month? I’m fixing the chart. (can’t stand it)

2 Likes

29 days and 23 hours I think.

2 Likes

Well here’s my quick and dirty attempt at a readable chart

But I haven’t noticed that I get to do apprentice reviews immediately after the lessons, so I think zero is incorrect there.

3 Likes

FYI the 120 days is also one hour less.

3 Likes

I also made one when I was starting, guess Im not the only one thinking it was confusing

5 Likes

I have an extra stage in there; the lesson IS the apprentice 1 review. Or put another way, the quiz at the end of the lesson is the apprentice 1 review. So the zero is correct, and the first wait is the 4 hr to apprentice 2. And that is an error, the last line should be 2879, 4182, 174 days 6 hours.

(Cleaned up and added colors. Everyone loves colors.) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

cheers guys, wasnt expecting such a detailed response :slight_smile: very impressed

2 Likes

7 Likes

i just became enlightened with the first few radical names for level 1 :slight_smile: i wasnt expecting it so soon to be honest. im about to break through to level six any day now so if that if that helps anybody else who is curious ? im glad to be of assistance :wink:

1 Like