How many apprentice items is best for a busy student?

Sounds good and definitely motivating to learn from something you enjoy. I have kind of been wanting to use computer games for a similar thing, I guess I just felt like it would be more beneficial to learn more words first. But I’ll try and do something like this soon. Thanks.

1 Like

Ah that sounds cool, I’ll look into that, thanks.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I’ll have to see what works best for me.

Yeah, I have been watching anime and starting to pick up on some things that they’re saying and noticing it’s different from the subtitles. It feels quite rewarding, just wish I could understand more of it but that should come with time haha.

1 Like

Alright, thank you.

I start to feel busy around 65-75 apprentice and I work full time and have responsibilities. For a busy student I suggest around 50 apprentice items or less.

2 Likes

I like to keep my apprentice items at around 60-80. Closer to the lower end, 60, is quite nice, most review sessions wind up around 25~38 items at a time (if only reviewing once or twice a day). If you’re very busy, just do 10-20 items worth of lessons a day, and you can break them up, 10 in the morning, 10 4 hours later after your first set of reviews… that sort of thing. It keeps them spaced out if you prefer more frequent, smaller review sessions to one massive session.

Hope you can find a balance that’s right for you. (And YEAH, stopping lessons altogether until you have a pile you feel is manageable is recommended, especially since you’re a lifetime member. :smiley: )

1 Like

Okay, sounds good, thanks

1 Like

Alright thanks, that many lessons is probably a bit much but yeah I’ll try and find the right balance, thanks

Good luck with it buddy. I tried to do games or setting a second phone to japanese and stuff like this but I was overwhelmed by kanji and forms I didn’t know so I quit :joy:

1 Like

Fair enough, I think some games are more suited to learning from than others, I’ve researched a little bit about it.

1 Like

Beginning with ghost of tsushima is not the best choice :rofl:

1 Like

I used to limit my apprentice items, but now I’ve moved to a method whete if I have less than 300 reviews coming in next 3 days, I don’t take any reviews, otherwise I will do 10 lessons two times a day until I have 300 reviews again coming in next 3 days.

This keeps my load at manageable level.

But I do review meanings in anki-mode only and memorize kanjis by reading first and rough meaning second, and my reading accuracy is high at about 90-95% and I rarely see meaning that was so much off my own mental image I mark it has failure.

Together all this keeps my apprentice items at around 50-60 items and I level up every 12-14 days or so.

1 Like

Yeah sounds kind of similar to what I do now, I just keep in mind how many apprentice items I have and how many are coming for the next day and I’ve been hovering around about 80 apprentice items. It fluctuates a bit though, some days I just don’t have time, some days I’m a bit more bored.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.