How long do I need to wait so that my wrong answer gets canceled?

So, in case you guys don’t know, I’m going full speed on these fast levels. The problem is that I just made a typo and double entered. This means that I have half the item marked as half wrong right now, since I have yet to answer the meaning. I really don’t wanna add 4 extra hours to this level for reasons :3 So, how long do I have to wait until my wrong answer gets ignored/canceled? I heard that it is 2h, but I don’t wanna mess up.

I answered it around 2:58pm. so I guess I’ll be able to review it again without any punishment at 4pm?.. :thinking:

It used to be two hours and I don’t know if it has changed. But the information is only kept in the browser’s local storage. So if you log in using a different browser (e.g. Firefox instead of Chrome) or an incognito window, you should be able to continue right way.

It worked! Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

I have a feeling that it might have? Idk, this happened to me before like 2 or 3 times. I waited 2h and the item still got downgraded. Or maybe I just didn’t do it the right way.

Thanks again! ^^

Keep in mind, it would likely be a real two hours, not an SRS two hours with rounding. So if the mistake was at 2:58, you’d have to wait until 4:58. Though I do also think it might have changed from what I’ve seen.

I see :slight_smile: Your solution works better for these type of situations though, so I’ll be doing that from now on.

You know, there’s a script for WaniKani on GreasyFork that prevents the double-tapping of enter whenever you make a typo, so if you used that in conjunction with the “mark answer right” script, I think that would be much better than waiting two hours. It works well for me ^^

Yeah, I didn’t remember that script exists :stuck_out_tongue: This rarely happens with important items and now I know that I can fix the problem with another browser, so I won’t go for it. I already use like 30 scripts, it’s crazy lol.

The easiest way to take care of it would be to just complete it on another device. Open up WK on your phone, or even just in another browser. I don’t think the wanikani servers actually receive anything until you actually get both halves right. At that point it logs whether your SRS ranks up or down.