How long did it take to get to your current level?

As someone who signs up for wanikani and later forgot about it many times, my progress should be the most embarrassing one here.
Capture

Anyways, does anyone know how I can reset my out of the world stats without having to restart all these levels again?

2 Likes

Try clicking the bars 295787090669469698

:sweat::sweat:

I havenā€™t yet figured out how to get those cool progress graphs, but I calculated 202 days. I took some time between levels 14-15 to get my apprentice to 0. and went into vacation mode for about a week and a half in march, though. I am pretty happy with my progress so far, though quite embarrassed by my leeches listā€¦

1 Like

thanks a bunch!

1 Like

reading this again after a while is really refreshing and actually I feel grateful for being helped by you jprs.

1 Like

Plodding alongā€¦

Haha I really appreciate your words :heart: Hope everything is going better for you now! :slight_smile:

Ahem ahem ā€¦
Soooooo I basically neglected WaniKani for two months while I was on level one ā€¦

I hate to admit it, but I actually started WK 2 years ago yesterday. Should I have made it to level 60 already? Yeah, probably.

The first time, I tried things out casually for a couple levels but quit because I was in college for aero engineering needed to buckle down and focus on my classes. I then decided to take Japanese classes during my last year of university, which was a great choice! I realized I needed to focus more on grammar and bring it to the same level as my Kanji, so I put WK to the side for a bit. 220 days to be exact :relaxed:

Then my final excuse was that I moved to a new place in February. New city, new roommate, demanding job, I needed to step away and destress. ~160 days later, Iā€™m back. Ended up watching alot of shows and learning alot of japanese grammar in the meantime, so not all was lost.

Am I back for good? Who knows, but Iā€™m making good progress and am enjoying the ride, so thatā€™s all that matters I think.

3 Likes

Iā€™m at level 21 and I joined August 10, 2017.

Note - I didnā€™t use WaniKani for about 1.5 months-ish at one stage due to a break-up/being in crisis mode, and this past month-ish Iā€™ve stopped doing lessons because Iā€™ve found my retention/memory has been failing meā€¦ so focussing on reviewing whatā€™s covered in the first 20 levels so far.

For the ā€œgood Wanikani-ing periodsā€, I would complete all available reviews every day (checking first thing in the morning, last thing before bed) and do all lessons as soon as they became available.

Neko, please

Regarding this postā€¦ it took me

190 days to reach level 29

1 Like

Wow, you were not kidding when you said some time ago that we were in the same situationā€¦

1945 days on level 1 for me :smiley:

Thatā€™s a total of 2146 days so far, so actually 200 days beyond level 1.

3 Likes

Would you look at that seamless progress chartā€¦ itā€™s perfect

Why would I?

But damn, you must win over me even in the bad things donā€™t ya? wails in frustration jk, i love to share so many things with you, maybe i could be a worth rival someday

1 Like

Iā€™m older, I have more experience at failing things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You sure are already pushing me to not slack off with my leveling up :smile:

1 Like

ā€¦
Did you restart? Because it says you joined on January 2.

Joining the forums is not the same as joining WK, sadly.

oooooooohhh thatā€™s what that date means?
Well at least Iā€™m smart now. Thanks.

About 6 months to reach level 14. Feels like Iā€™m going really slow, but my brain just canā€™t seem to absorb more than 15 items a day (maybe 20 if theyā€™re vocabulary that donā€™t have exceptional readings). After 15 lessons I start getting sleepy and canā€™t keep my eyes open. About 93% overall accuracy rate on reviews. Zero burns yet.

1 Like